Ken Burns National Park Special

crotchitymedic1986

Anything Ken Burns does is always exceptional. The depth of his research has always been something that many people aspire to compare themselves to.

James McCullough(sic) who wrote John Adams and other quality biographies is also one whose material is spectacular.

Just throwing into the mix, that I live just outside the Riis Park/Fort Tilden section of the Gateway National Recreational Area, which is a part of the National Parks actually within the confines (mostly) of the City of New York.

Due to scheduling problems, I'll have to wait until they rebroadcast it sometimes in the future.

Funny you should mention a park inside of New York, one of the great ironies that was expressed in this show, is how the MLK "I have a dream speech" brought the parks full-circle. As you know it was held at the Lincoln Memorial, which is a National Park, but what i had never realized was that the tall white police officer standing at MLKs left shoulder, was actually a Park Ranger and not a State Trooper or DC Officer.

• Like 2

1) I actually didn't know the Memorial was a National Park area. I should have known that.

2) District of Columbia probably is full of them.

3) I'm going to have to review the tapes, but I trust your statement about the guy in the "Smokey the Bear" hat.

4) It would explain why the helicopter, seen doing the short haul rescues at the Air Florida crash at the 4th Street Bridge, was National Parks Service, not the DC PD.