help me with my paper! (please)

funkytomtom

GTN is just as complex if you really want to dive into how it works. It seems EMT students are still taught the primary mechanism of action revolves around dilating coronary arteries. When, significant action is based around preload reduction. Then, comes the actual process of how GTN works. Many people do not know that nitric oxide plays a significant role in how nitrates work in general.

We are taught the simplicits of GTN and pre/after load at the entry-to-practice level (which includes GTN here along with ASA, glucagon, n2o and paracetamol).

I am sure if I go hunt down all the complex stuff it'll come in handy esp once I get up to ICU RN level or have a stroke from learning it all end up in ICU so either way it'll get me there :lol:

• 1 month later...

How did the article/report turn out? Hope it went well and Cardiology is a good area to explore in regards to alot of meds, treatments etc. :) Hope it went well mate

Scotty - RN/EMD

How did the article/report turn out? Hope it went well and Cardiology is a good area to explore in regards to alot of meds, treatments etc. :) Hope it went well mate

Scotty - RN/EMD

I haven't actually gotten that far on it. I do know that we're going to look into atropine and lidocaine. Anyone have suggestions on resources I could look into? I've been looking at drug books so far, and have designs on interviewing an MD and/or a medic.

I haven't actually gotten that far on it. I do know that we're going to look into atropine and lidocaine. Anyone have suggestions on resources I could look into? I've been looking at drug books so far, and have designs on interviewing an MD and/or a medic.

Could look at how dosages have changed and the pharmacokinetics of each and how both are used to get the heart in a regular form of rhythm *yes basic slang there, its early morning on my fourth night so shuddup lol* and maintain it.

Or the use of Atropine in arrythmias as opposed to Cardiac Arrest and the medics use of each. Who knows its wide and complex.... just like a tachy cardia *ka boom boom dush*

Sing out if you want articles and resources, CCU RN here.

Scotty

You could push this concept much further by explaining the adenyl cyclase and cAMP involvement within the cell. Not only will you learn much more than the few hours spent on A&P in typical programs, your class mates will learn when you go to present your paper. Assuming you are required to present your paper. (A concept I would suggest.)

To take this idea a bit further, and to correlate it with your subject of cardiology, how does cAMP effect the myocardium? For example, administration of Glucagon can act as an inotrope as well as a smooth muscle relaxant (Beta II).

How about: The overuse of supplemental oxygen in the prehospital setting, and its potentially harmful effects on the patient.

Ew Ew .... can I do that Paper ?

How about as simple "sounding" as this for a Paper:

What does the Pulse Oximeter information provide an EMT-I during a Chest Pain Call ?

cheers

Ew Ew .... can I do that Paper ?

How about as simple "sounding" as this for a Paper:

What does the Pulse Oximeter information provide an EMT-I during a Chest Pain Call ?

cheers

Or even the reliability of one during a exacurbation of CHF.!