Just a EMT

azemtjunkie79

Hello there.

Well my partner of a few months now has decided to decide to say i am just a EMT. He feels the need to remind me of this and also inform other of this at the er during our drop offs. sorry but to me that is just rude and unprofessional. Medic or E you were a EMT at sometime. I am working on advancing my cert, just sick of hearing thou..

Sorry for my rant

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No accusations here, as I don't know anything about you. But if this is something that has developed suddenly after having already been partners for awhile, you should take an objective look at yourself to consider if maybe you have given him/her good reason to remind you of your place. Usually, a medic who has that kind of attitude has it from the beginning. For this to come up out of the blue seriously makes me wonder if you might not need to check your own attitude.

Again, no accusations. Just a possibility to consider. It could be an easy fix if you can identify the problem. Good luck.

No worries. There has been a long history of me and him not working well with each other he has only been a medic for a few months as well. hell his first days as a medic on shift he worked with me. I think that has something to do with it that and he is in his early 20's

So why is he calling you 'just an EMT'? Are you more than that? Being in his 20's, a no0b medic, and working with you his first released day does not explain why he just started to call you out on just being an EMT. You piss him off? He trying to piss you off?

Hello there.

Well my partner of a few months now has decided to decide to say i am just a EMT. He feels the need to remind me of this and also inform other of this at the er during our drop offs. sorry but to me that is just rude and unprofessional. Medic or E you were a EMT at sometime. I am working on advancing my cert, just sick of hearing thou..

Sorry for my rant

I wonder if part of the reason he says you are just an EMT is in part from poor grammar and presentation, and he feels the need to tell the nurses/staff you are only an EMT to cover your short comings?

No worries. There has been a long history of me and him not working well with each other he has only been a medic for a few months as well. hell his first days as a medic on shift he worked with me. I think that has something to do with it that and he is in his early 20's

The new medic being young probably has nothing to do with his comment to you. How can you have a long history of disagreements if he is a new medic? Either you don't have a long history, or he is not a new medic, can't have it both ways.

Were i am there is no option at this time for new partner, waiting for shift bid to come up again and trying to get outta there.

Talked to some of his old partners when he was on a BLS ride and they said he has always acted as if he is better than everyone around him....

He try's to piss people off just to do it from what i can gather. I have caught him on a few mistakes and just said hey i know your the medic, and explained to him what i saw etc etc...

Were i am there is no option at this time for new partner, waiting for shift bid to come up again and trying to get outta there.

Talked to some of his old partners when he was on a BLS ride and they said he has always acted as if he is better than everyone around him....

He try's to piss people off just to do it from what i can gather. I have caught him on a few mistakes and just said hey i know your the medic, and explained to him what i saw etc etc...

This sounds like another EMT vs Paramedic thing.

Is it possible he matured or advanced beyond some of the attitudes that exist amongst some EMTs?

Did this start to happen when he discovered there was more medicine involved in EMS than what is at the BLS level?

I have caught him on a few mistakes and just said hey,I know you're the medic, and explained to him what I saw etc., etc...
Fixed that for ya. In all honesty, this kinda thing pisses me off too. If you are asking about the way a patient was treated and why, that's one thing. Trying to explain something to me is quite another.

This sounds like another EMT vs Paramedic thing.

Is it possible he matured or advanced beyond some of the attitudes that exist amongst some EMTs?

Did this start to happen when he discovered there was more medicine involved in EMS than what is at the BLS level?

That's what I was thinking Vent.

If your certification is just basic then yes you are just a basic. Sorry, even if we are educated etc if we only wear a basic patch then we are just a basic. The amount of medical training, not education even, is very minimal, thus the reason called basic or what many call EMT.