Leap of faith..

COWSskateGOOD

Just a rant/get of my chest:

I finished EMT-B and fell in love with EMS, enrolled in Paramedic pre-resequites finished them, enrolled in Paramedic school. Decided working 50+ hrs 10 hr days with an hour commute would not be conductive to a EMT-P student. Stepped down from a well paying job to a lot less stress/less hours/less money position.

I could not see myself doing what I was doing forever, and 20 years from now I will look back and never let myself down for not taking the chance.

"We live in a world we create."

Well, I'm not ready to say that you have made the right career/life choice here, that's for sure. For most people, it is not. Darn few ever get five years into EMS without moving on. However, I do give you respect for going about it in an intelligent and committed manner. If that is typical of how you roll, then I think you have a better than average chance of beating the odds. That is, of course, assuming there is actually a career potential for paramedics in your area. In many areas of the U.S., there is none, and a lot of n00bs don't figure that out until they've already wasted a lot of time and money in school. I hope you've done some serious job market research before taking this leap. It often turns out to be an empty pool.

Good luck!

Thank you for your opinions....

On the bright side of things, just found out my employer (non-medical/EMS related) will be re-imbursing me for all costs associated with Anatomy/Physiology and Paramedic School.... almost 5k dollars :) Yay full-time employment

Edited by COWSskateGOOD