Co-Worker Seriously Ill

Brady

Hey I just got news that one of my crew members needs to have surgery. This surgery is going to remove part of his lung, since there are bleeds all over in it. The surgery alone has a 10% survival rate atatched to it. They will do the surgery in 4 weeks since they need to pump him full of antibiotics. He is a member of the city and I'm asking you to remember him in your prayers or whatever you do. He is going to need some help from somewhere if he is going to make it. He has huge heart problems to go along with this. You all know as well as I do that a crew member is family so please pray for my brother. His name is Dale. Thanks.

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how he does. The best thing to do for him right now is to help him keep a positive outlook. Remember, attitude can make all the difference in recovery.

What is his EMT City Screen Name?

It doesn't matter what his EMT City name is, or even if he is a member of EMT City. As Brady already posted,

You all know as well as I do that a crew member is family so please pray for my brother.

May any and all of us doing EMS work remain healthy, and if not, at least a speedy recovery!

I just got off the phone with Dale he said thank you for all your words of encouragement and prayers. It really does mean alot to him. He told me that he is going to fight this thing and if it does take him it wont without a fight. The whole deal is stemming from a pacemaker he used to have, the leads have floated down to his lungs and caused considerable scar tissu and infection. They told him that they may have to take half of his lung but the chances of them needing to take out the whole lung are great. He is in good spirits and is fighting like crazy. There is a slim chance that the antibiotics will take care of this but that is very very slim. Thank you again.

Brady tell Dale he is my thoughts and prayers. Hope he makes a full recovery and does well on the healing end. I had my friend add him to his prayer list at his church he is the preacher so he will have a special prayer service for him tomorow.

Animationgw2225.gif

OOPS...........Forgot to add this the first time. :o

Edited by itku2er

Brady tell Dale he is my thoughts and prayers. Hope he makes a full recovery and does well on the healing end. I had my friend add him to his prayer list at his church he is the preacher so he will have a special prayer service for him tomorow.

Thank you so much Terri and I will tell him. He is so greatfull for all of the prayers and support. He is a tough fart, but he is scared too. I went to the hospital today and saw him, he is in pain from the infection but they are helping him through that. He has a lot of family which is helping him through this, and he is thinking of the future and how he can still be a part of EMS when this is done.