Fired for bad c-spine technique!

zzyzx

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that they chose to include, as part of what they released, the part where the suspect tries to run over the cop throwing the stop sticks.

While they should've been fired over the beating, I can certainly understand how and why their emotions wound up showing through. It's not easy being a cop these days.

-be safe

While they should've been fired over the beating, I can certainly understand how and why their emotions wound up showing through. It's not easy being a cop these days.

Yeah, that is obviously the point that the chief and the mayor were hoping to make. And I doubt that either one of them will object too much when the cops get their jobs back in court or arbitration.

What I want to know is what happened to the other officers involved? I counted at least six officers from at least two different agencies in the video.

I also want to know how it took them over a year to catch the incident and fire those involved.

Those officers should be criminally charged as well. Yes, emotions were high. But that doesn't give them the right to do something like that. Yes, the guy might have done something heinous before the chase. Still doesn't give them the right. They are cops. Not judges, not juries, and not executioners. That could have made the difference between whether that guy survived that accident or not.

Keep in mind that at some point in our careers in EMS we may(and, depending on were you live, likely will) come across a patient that we would rather not treat. One of my instructors had to treat a father that had killed his child and then attempted to kill himself. As much as a lot of us, myself included, think that man deserved to die, he was given the same exemplary care that any other patient would get. We don't get to decide otherwise and neither do the cops.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.