Floridia Firemonkey Fail

Dustdevil

What's with Floridia firemonkeys these days? They're getting arrested more often than the Dalllas Cowboys.

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/articles/llne...3080&bnpg=0

Sarasota EMT's charges amended

SARASOTA -- Charges against a 28-year-old North Port man accused of sexually battering a 15-year-old girl known to him have been amended.

Christopher Kilduff, a Sarasota County Fire Department EMT, has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation.

Kilduff, of the 5000 block of Brack Ave., was arrested this week and originally charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery and a third-degree felony sex offense. However, the charges have been amended to lewd and lascivious act on a child, and use of a child in a sexual act.

Kilduff remained in the Sarasota County Jail Friday without bond.

A Sarasota police officer arrested Kilduff Wednesday after the teen said he allegedly made her perform sex acts with him last week at her Sarasota home and at a nearby playground, according to a police report.

I wonder if the girl is an Explorer or Junior Firefighter.

Edited by Dustdevil
  • Like 1

" Kilduff, of the 5000 block of Brack Ave., was arrested this week and originally charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery and a third-degree felony sex offense. However, the charges have been amended to lewd and lascivious act on a child, and use of a child in a sexual act."

Which is worse? Jeez.

With the charges being amended, it makes it sound like since it was a child, it is not as bad. What a scum bag.

I wonder if the girl is an Explorer or Junior Firefighter.

Speculation at best.

If the victim was a junior firefighter, then it is a horrendous misuse of authority. However, its hardly the fault of the Fire Dept. itself, as these types of predators are opportunistic and could just have easily been a scout leader, school teacher, or a preist.

Although there is no excuse for doing such a thing, I don't believe they need to single him out as a firefighter unless it was directly related to being one. Last thing firefighters need is bad press.

I recall an article awhile ago, where I believe it was two firefighters (volunteer) that did something similar to a random girl IN THE FIREHOUSE. Now.. THAT would be reasoning to single them out as firefighters.

Regardless, these acts are uncalled for, no matter who you are or what job you have.

However, its hardly the fault of the Fire Dept. itself, as these types of predators are opportunistic and could just have easily been a scout leader, school teacher, or a preist.

Completely agree. I didn't mean to imply it was the department's fault. Just the age of the accuser immediately makes me consider this. Seen it too many times before.

Although there is no excuse for doing such a thing, I don't believe they need to single him out as a firefighter unless it was directly related to being one.

A couple of departments (California) have also stated something similiar to that when one of their FF/EMTs was charged with sexual assault and stalking. SFFD had initially stated his lewd behavior with kids did not have anything to do with his job as a FF/EMT.

http://www.firefightingnews.com/article-US...articleID=36144

http://www.examiner.com/a-785975~S_F__let_...lt_charges.html

Recently, a California county certified a convicted felon as an EMT. But his crime was only for killing a 2 y/o by shaking and throwing the child. I'm sure that won't have any effect on his job although it is unclear if he went through anger management classes in prison. The medical director of that county saw no problem with this guy's past crime.

http://www.emsresponder.com/features/artic...p;siteSection=6

When you hold a job such as FF, EMT, Paramedic, LEO, RN, MD etc, that deals with the public's trust there is a higher expectation. So yes, it is a big deal when that trust is broken or questioned. Some may wonder what exactly is considered to be their professional standard.

We also don't know if there had been rumors or complaints of this FF/EMT's behavior that were ignored or not taken seriously. Too often some think they are protecting their own when they are actually hurting them or the department.

Edited by VentMedic

Speculation at best.

If the victim was a junior firefighter, then it is a horrendous misuse of authority. However, its hardly the fault of the Fire Dept. itself, as these types of predators are opportunistic and could just have easily been a scout leader, school teacher, or a preist.

Or a paramedic

Well, apparently it wasn't an Explorer, lol.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/loca...s_arrest_052809

Police: man had sex with teenage cousin

Updated: Thursday, 28 May 2009, 9:17 AM EDT

Published : Thursday, 28 May 2009, 8:50 AM EDT

Christopher_Kilduff_Mugshot_20090528081839_320_240.JPEG

SARASOTA - A Sarasota man is facing charges of lewd and lascivious battery and incest after police say he had sex with his 15-year-old cousin.

Police arrested Christopher Kilduff, 28, Wednesday night.

According to the arrest affidavit, the victim said Kilduff offered her Oxycodone and marijuana, which she declined, and then he asked her to have sex with him.

Arrest records show Kilduff, who listed his occupation as an EMT with the Sarasota County Fire Department, is being held in the county jail in $10,000 bond.

Edited by Dustdevil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.