2.Spatula

3.Mixing bowl

4.Whisk

5.Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix

6.Fresh eggs

7.Milk other than shelf milk

8.Log cabin syrup

9.Fresh Blueberries

And anything else I may have overlooked.

OK!

Please send me the following items:

1 Flat griddle

2.Spatula

3.Mixing bowl

4.Whisk

5.Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix

6.Fresh eggs

7.Milk other than shelf milk

8.Log cabin syrup

9.Fresh Blueberries

And anything else I may have overlooked.

1. Use a hot plate

2. Don't need it

3. any bowl will work

4. no, fold the mix a few time.. over mixing pancakes makes them tough

5. check your PDX

6. I am sure the kitchen there has 2 they will spare

7. goat milk is good

8. sugar and some water

9. no

:)

It's not the whining thats killing the ems profession, it's the people who do it for free that are keeping the wages down. I said it once and I'll say it again I make a good living here in southern Cali without any NR cert working as a FF/paramedic, and again most departments don't require the NR, just a state paramedic license.

Yes and we all know what an outstanding example of EMS California is. Read the newswire for your state lately? Do you not see a problem with allowing all the individual counties and departments make up their own rules?

Just because your deparment has lower standards doesn't mean everyone else must. Why should testing standards be lowered because your department leaders don't believe their EMT(P)s can meet them? That is the real issue here isn't it? If they were to retest of your department EMT(P)s it would probably have a much larger scandal than Washington D.C.

How long have you been an EMT(P ?) and/or a FF? It just amazes me when some are supposedly in this professon and yet know so little about it.

The volunteers take the same tests as everyone else in their state. So try again to justify your point about the NR.

Yes and we all know what an outstanding example of EMS California is. Read the newswire for your state lately? Do you not see a problem with allowing all the individual counties and departments make up their own rules?

Just because your deparment has lower standards doesn't mean everyone else must. Why should testing standards be lowered because your department leaders don't believe their EMT(P)s can meet them? That is the real issue here isn't it? If they were to retest of your department EMT(P)s it would probably have a much larger scandal than Washington D.C.

How long have you been an EMT(P ?) and/or a FF? It just amazes me when some are supposedly in this professon and yet know so little about it.

The volunteers take the same tests as everyone else in their state. So try again to justify your point about the NR.

I think it is wonderful that every county can say what goes and what stays, but that is way above my pay grade of who and why those decisions are made, as far as low standards, I bet to say my department has some of the highest standards around, alot of people don't cut the one year probation time because they are slugs and can't hang.

About the NR my point is it is a waste of time, again I working without a NR cert as most if not all of southern Cali, we do have in-house ce's taught by RN's and MD's.

So I guess what Iam saying is in Flordia paramedics can start Iv's and give, and guess what in California we can start Iv's and give meds all without a glow in the dark patch.

State exams are based on a NATIONAL curriculum and standards. Thus, everyone is tested to the same level when gaining their licenses. No, not every EMT or paramedic program is created equal- nor is every medical school, dental school, university, or vocational training program. As with any educational experience, you also get what you put into it.

If someone wants to take the NREMT, hooray for them. They should be applauded and encouraged, but it does NOT automatically translate into making someone a better provider. On the other hand, if someone chooses NOT to pursue a national accreditation, it does not diminish their education or ability to do their job.

As we all know, book knowledge or test taking ability is not always an accurate indication of someone's ability to do their job. There are so many intangibles and experience related skills that are crucial to being an effective provider that simply using a score on the NREMT may not mean a thing.

I've met some people who were walking encyclopedias of EMS. They can cite ACLS, PHTLS, PALS, and their protocols chapter and verse, backwards and forwards. They are walking PDR's-they can give every medication's doses, side effects, generic and brand name, but I wouldn't let them touch my dog. Best case scenario- be proficient in didactic AND skills- regardless of that NREMT patch.

About the NR my point is it is a waste of time, again I working without a NR cert as most if not all of southern Cali, we do have in-house ce's taught by RN's and MD's.

So I guess what Iam saying is in Flordia paramedics can start Iv's and give, and guess what in California we can start Iv's and give meds all without a glow in the dark patch.

Believe it or not but many others can sleep through CE classes just as well as you can. They are not a measurement of what you know.

Do you understand the difference between CEs and a credentialing exam?

Do you even understand the purpose of uniform testing?

Florida does not use the NR either but has its own standardized test. It serves a purpose to allow someone to demonstrate they have at least some basic competency. They don't just rely on whatever the flavor of the day is handing out certs for the county who could be your cousin or mother.

I'm sure in the future Florida will also use the NR since the EMT-B has gone that way. The state has just been holding out until it isn't so pitifully easy. Unfortunately it appears some in California still think the NR is too difficult.

I seriously hope you are not bragging about California's scope of practice. Please post your protocols so the rest of the forum members can share in the joke.

I said it once and I'll say it again this is a stepping stone jobe, not a career at least where I come from,

Then by all means feel free to drop your card and vacate the "jobe."

Well, with overtime, of course and maxed out base salaries. Infact there is a huge article about OCFA one engineer/paramedic made 206 k last year, and probably has no NR cert.

I have a hard time calling a fire engine driver/pump operator a "paramedic." He may have a card (obtained to get his job as a firefighter) but I seriously doubt he's anything remotely resembling a provider of pre-hospital medicine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.