Emt-b recertification

I am an EMT-B that has until the end of June to get my CONED hours!! Can anyone help me with where to go and what to do? I have an Illinois ALS Ambulance [crew] that is going to sponsor me, and I will be getting apprx. 30 hours with them in the next weekend. After that I am lost!! I really do not want to lose my license and have to start over!!

HELP MEEEEE!!! PLEEEASE!

THANX!!!!

I quickly hopped onto the Illinois Department of Public Health website and a quick search there didn't dig up anything too helpful. You're best bet would be to contact them (if you haven't already) and get the requirements. Once you post them here it may be easier for us to provide relevant suggestions, because as it stands now you haven't given us a lot to go on.

Your Illinois EMT-B License is valid for a 4-year period. With in those 4 years you must obtain CPR certification and 120 hours of continuing education with only 30 hours in each category. Illinois also accepts a limited number of On-Line CEUs for re-licensure.

That's all I could find .. Best advice I have for you is ask the ALS ambulance crew you're riding with where to get your hours ...

With in those 4 years you must obtain CPR certification and 120 hours of continuing education with only 30 hours in each category.

Which is the exact same amount of hours it would take you to just re-take the EMT course, so don't freak out about it. You're not exactly saving anything by renewing over retaking the course. And it'd probably be a lot easier to find an EMT-B course before the end of June than the 120 hours of con-ed you need. Since you don't even appear to be working in EMS anyhow, what's the big deal?

Check with the local colleges who offer the EMT courses and see if they have any continuing education classes in the offering. Continuing Education hours is an ongoing thing. I just recertified in Iowa in March. I have already attended classes offering CE hours, and I will continue to do so right up to the recertification date. That way I have it done and more than needed and avoid this scenario.

I guess next time you will stay up to date on your certification eh?

Well yes, I will, however since I have two small children and my husband was sent to Kuwait for a year (after I got my license), it wasn't really easy to do this time. But thank you for your kindness!!