Advice for new CE topics

My last two state symposium topics were seizures (with a lot of information on treatment options, different types, patient rights issues specific to seizures, etc.) and the top twenty prescription medications in the US (indications, contraindications, side effects, interactions, and fun facts).

I agree about AMLS. I took it for the first time a few months ago with a very diverse class. We had EMT-Bs who were mostly befuddled, but I believe they did expand their perspectives.

I think a smoke inhalation/CO/cyanide class would be good.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I am a training officer at Care Ambulance in Orange County, CA. We do our own inhouse CE's. We pride ourselves in our training dept...A Prehospital Emergency for the Peds Pt(PEPP), a class on Biabetes, and one on CVA's where our guess speaker is a Neuro surgeon from UCI medical center.

With the errors you present here, I'm not sure I'm going to put much faith in your abilities. Get the class name right (Pediatric Education for Prehospital Providers), know the name of the disorder (Diabetes), and don't have speakers that are guessing about the subject matter.

I would like some ideas on classes that we can put on, on subjects that are abstract, that are touchy, that some instructors would not touch with a 10 foot pole. We try to educate the emt's as much as possible.

Dust will really enjoy this one. Teach them why they should be going to a paramedic class, and not be working 9-1-1 as a basic.

These classes are open to the public, or other emt's that are not employed by our company. Oh yeah, these classes are free, with CE's for the students. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanx in advanced for your ideas on classes.

How do you manage to have a useful class for your providers when you mix in the lay public as well? This seems to be a contradiction.

Dust will really enjoy this one. Teach them why they should be going to a paramedic class, and not be working 9-1-1 as a basic.

The only option to not have basics on a 911 unit in that area is to hand everything over to the fire departments, which, in this case, might not be too bad of an idea.

Come on now. He wanted a topic to educate BLS providers that no one would be willing to touch. I think teaching them why they should go to paramedic school fits that bill nicely.

Come on now. He wanted a topic to educate BLS providers that no one would be willing to touch. I think teaching them why they should go to paramedic school fits that bill nicely.

Your right I'm sorry. I will play nice now.

But -1000 for whoever revived this old dead post from 2005.