Non NREMT states

If you go to www.nremt.org you can see which states require it and which do not.

While this is true, the crap-arse NR website certainly does not make it easy for you to find it without a lot of time searching.

Try page 10 of this document ---> http://www.nremt.org/nremt/downloads/2007_Annual_Report.pdf

Basically, these states do not subscribe to the National Registry in any way, shape, or fashion:

Illinoise

Massachusetts

New York

Rhode Island

North Carolina

Utah

Wyoming

I can't imagine why anyone would want to live in the first four states anyhow.

Of course, it gets even more complicated. Several other states either use NR only for EMTs or only for Paramedics, but not both.

Edited by Dustdevil

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, If you go to www.nremt.org you can see which states require it and which do not. I don't know of any that take out of country education. Hope you find some. Good Luck.

I believe that list is for the states that accept it, not require it. I may be wrong though.

I believe that list is for the states that accept it, not require it. I may be wrong though.

Just the opposite, I believe.

Basically, these states do not subscribe to the National Registry in any way, shape, or fashion:

Illinoise

Massachusetts

New York

Rhode Island

North Carolina

Utah

Wyoming

I can't imagine why anyone would want to live in the first four states anyhow.

Incorrect for RI. NREMT required for initial licensure as EMT-B, not required to maintain NREMT-B. NREMT-P required for licensure as EMT-P, maintaining NREMT-P is required.

(Ps- you finally learned how to spell Massachusetts, but forgot Illinois??? :P :P )

Edited by CBEMT

Incorrect for RI. NREMT required for initial licensure as EMT-B, not required to maintain NREMT-B. NREMT-P required for licensure as EMT-P, maintaining NREMT-P is required.

Unfortunately, the last list on the crappy NR site is from 2007, so the info there is probably outdated in more than one state. If they would put half the effort into presenting accurate information on the site that they put into finding spiffy pictures of firemonkeys, it could be a marginally useful site.

Fail.

Unfortunately, the last list on the crappy NR site is from 2007, so the info there is probably outdated in more than one state.

Fail.

Worse fail: it's been that way for QUITE a while. I think RIDOH dc'd the state exam in favor of NR back in.... gosh, probably 2000 or earlier from what I'm told from people in the area, Paramedic longer than that.

Can anyone tell me which states do not require NREMT for registration as a Paramedic?

Thanks

NORTH CAROLINA DOES NOT REQUIRE THE NATIONAL REGISTRY FOR PARAMEDICS OR EMT'S. SOUTH CAROLINA DOES FOR THE PARAMEDIC LEVEL BUT NOT FOR EMT'S. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.