As Dust might say, pwn3d!

Michael

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he is prepared instead of acting like a deer in headlights.

Prepared for what? What evidence do we have that he is prepared for anything? When the NYC AF-1 photo-op scandal broke, he and his spokesmen both looked like deer in the headlights. He can't even talk straight about something that minor, and you somehow think he's going to perform better under stress?

Personally, I was impressed that the President didn't freak out like a little girl when told that a plane had crashed. Do you know how many times planes crashed in those eight years? And before that day, has there ever been an instance in history where a president was actually required to take any kind of action over a simple plane crash? Would jumping up and running out of the room have helped anything? Oh, that's right... it's not about actually helping anything. It's all about appearances with you people.

Prepared for what? What evidence do we have that he is prepared for anything? When the NYC AF-1 photo-op scandal broke, he and his spokesmen both looked like deer in the headlights. He can't even talk straight about something that minor, and you somehow think he's going to perform better under stress?

Personally, I was impressed that the President didn't freak out like a little girl when told that a plane had crashed. Do you know how many times planes crashed in those eight years? And before that day, has there ever been an instance in history where a president was actually required to take any kind of action over a simple plane crash? Would jumping up and running out of the room have helped anything? Oh, that's right... it's not about actually helping anything. It's all about appearances with you people.

Hey Dust, if it's all about image then why did Michelle Obama wear a 500.00 pair of shoes to a homeless shelter. You would have thought that her image consultant would have said "Bad idea"

Hey Dust, if it's all about image then why did Michelle Obama wear a 500.00 pair of shoes to a homeless shelter. You would have thought that her image consultant would have said "Bad idea"

Because that's how clueless they are.

...Personally, I was impressed that the President didn't freak out like a little girl when told that a plane had crashed...Would jumping up and running out of the room have helped anything?

LOL, I was too. And no, flipping out and running from the classroom would not help matters.

... Do you know how many times planes crashed in those eight years? And before that day, has there ever been an instance in history where a president was actually required to take any kind of action over a simple plane crash?

Come on, this was not just a simple plane crash, and not one we have had in our history.

But I would have expected a rather calmer way to get up and excuse himself from the classroom to begin to deal with the situation unfolding.

Love the sarcasm though, almost as good as Jourdon's.

Come on, this was not just a simple plane crash, and not one we have had in our history.

That was not known until much later.

But I would have expected a rather calmer way to get up and excuse himself from the classroom to begin to deal with the situation unfolding.

At the time he received that notification, there was no known unfolding situation. It was just a plane crash, about which a president can do nothing. You're Monday morning quarterbacking with the benefit of information that we did not have at that time, which is either ignorant or dishonest.

Never forget that in order to seek and win high office in a western democracy one needs money. So while anyone can theoretically come from the poor everyman to become President/Prime Minister, by the time they reach that point they're usually quite rich and running with a crowd of other rich people. Those are their peers and despite any ideological differences in terms of welfare, the economy, foreign policy, they will continue to have more in common with the person across the aisle/floor than they do you or I. If you have the money for $500 shoes, they're likely what you wear all the time and probably don't even notice.

That was not known until much later.

At the time he received that notification, there was no known unfolding situation. It was just a plane crash, about which a president can do nothing. You're Monday morning quarterbacking with the benefit of information that we did not have at that time, which is either ignorant or dishonest.

I was watching the news live, showing the first crash. That seemed an accident, but when the second plane hit and the news caught it live, even I knew it was no accident. This was all around 9:30am PT.

The news was still showing the people jumping out the windows. They cut that out later.

It was apparent very early there was a situation occuring.

You're at an MCI in your area and the mayor shows up. Are you:

A ) Relieved to have their leadership on site.

B ) Pissed off. That idiot's gonna screw things up for those who know what they're doing.

Just a thought.

Edited by docharris

... You're Monday morning quarterbacking with the benefit of information that we did not have at that time, which is either ignorant or dishonest.

Wow Dust, you getting snippy with me?? Which am I, ignorant or dishonest?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.