I graduated EMT school

funkytomtom

recommended for state certification! Also, top of my class of 35! I still have the state written and practicals to go through, but with some luck and a little more practice, I could be certified by the end of next week! This is a shamelessly self serving post and I don't really have any questions, but if you have some advice for a brand new emt (hopefully), I'm all ears. I have a job lined up working summer concerts at a ski resort as an emt, and maybe doing a little bit of bike patrol. Super happy :lol: I worked really hard and I beat all those other jokers in my class!

Yeah like a MBA....

Congratulations.

I'd settle for just a bachelor's degree.. and I don't know how prudent it is to get a masters in business at this time in our economy ..

recommended for state certification! Also, top of my class of 35! I still have the state written and practicals to go through, but with some luck and a little more practice, I could be certified by the end of next week! This is a shamelessly self serving post and I don't really have any questions, but if you have some advice for a brand new emt (hopefully), I'm all ears. I have a job lined up working summer concerts at a ski resort as an emt, and maybe doing a little bit of bike patrol. Super happy :lol: I worked really hard and I beat all those other jokers in my class!

Congrats! I echo the sentiment of continuing your education- even if it's it's just gen ed classes until you find something that interests you. It's ALWAYS good to have something to fall back on- just in case. Look at the threads on injuries and see how quickly things can change.

There are plenty of ways to use nearly any college degree in EMS- teaching, training, research, finances- even politics. It helps to set you up for hopefully a long and fruitful career.

It's also easy to become wrapped up in the business, and not see other possibilities for your future.

Keep up the good work!