When to cut a kid some slack

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire him. No pension.

Prosecute him for false arrest, and -- ironies of ironies -- abusing 911.

^^^^ what he said

that is just awful! seriously, what the hell was this cop thinking? I really hope this family sues his nuts off and he loses everything and serves jail time for this. He put a persons life at risk by hanging up on this serious situation THREE TIMES!!

Edited by FireMedic65

If you're a 20-year cop and you're still offended by people swearing, you should probably stop being a cop.

If you are a 20 year cop and still working dispatch... you should have given up long ago!

(not that dispatching is a bad job)

Wow!!

Looks like some quality control is in order, and some serious training issues need to be addressed. If dispatch can't handle a distressed person without getting personal about it, they are in the wrong line of work.

How sad and pathetic. Fire his ass.

That was pretty bad. Looks like the family are not going to let it go, and perhaps he will end up wishing he was fired over this.

Obviously someone not happy at his job, but no excuses... time to move on.

Getting upset over someone cursing is one thing. If there are females present and I am working, and a person curses.. I kindly ask them not to. If they continue I ask them again. If they still do it, I might get pissy about it depending on the situation. I don't get out and leave the ambulance though. That is pretty much what this guy did. He abandoned his duty to act. He said don't curse, and hung up. He never even tried to find out what was going on.

Wow.

Let me just say, I worked in a PD during high school and they swore WAY more than us teenagers did at the time. How is a PD veteran going to get so worked up over that and even if he did, how is he not going to recognize the possibility of someone dying or at the very least the liability.

Wow.

Let me just say, I worked in a PD during high school and they swore WAY more than us teenagers did at the time. How is a PD veteran going to get so worked up over that and even if he did, how is he not going to recognize the possibility of someone dying or at the very least the liability.

Exactly... it is uncalled for and completley unjust. What he did was way out of line, even if she was screaming and cursing or even calling him a pig. She call 911, and said she needed an ambulance. Her father was unconscious and was obviously flustered and anxious.

I hope he gets fired, loss of benefits, loss of pension, fined, arrested and sued. Screw this piece of crap. Things like THAT give everyone was a bad name. No one remembers the good things we do, just the bad stuff. They associate all medic/firefighters/cops based on the ones they hear about on the news doing things like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.