Massachusetts FAIL

Dustdevil

Damn. Have I become that predictable? :mellow:

Either that... or I am incredibly perceptive... ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed that so many fell for your trap. :phone:

I know right? I need to figure out how to set them better I suppose... It was too obvious. I am gonna have to start being sneakier about it... Or take the rest of the year off, like I usually do. :lol:

I know right? I need to figure out how to set them better I suppose... It was too obvious. I am gonna have to start being sneakier about it... Or take the rest of the year off, like I usually do. :lol:

Nope you need to hang around and help me cause trouble. :o

Yeah, bullshit. I've been here a few days, read most of your posts, so let me see if I can come closer to the truth that you seem to proud of.

You made a bullshit argument without anything to support it, took Matty's good faith attempts to debate with you and wussed out on debating and tried to pretend that you were leading him around by the nose for fun without interest in education, and are now attempting to offer this as evidence of your superior logic and intelligence?

If that's all you've got to bring to the table then taking the rest of the year off is a great idea.

Unfortunately there are many here that will not demand that you make more than your silly 3rd grade level argument to back up your claims of superiority so you'll enjoy a few more pages of textual masturbation before it's over.

Good for you.

Dwayne

NOTE: Mateo is a kick in the ass at parties... Just sayin'...

Yeah, bullshit. I've been here a few days, read most of your posts, so let me see if I can come closer to the truth that you seem to proud of.

You made a bullshit argument without anything to support it, took Matty's good faith attempts to debate with you and wussed out on debating and tried to pretend that you were leading him around by the nose for fun without interest in education, and are now attempting to offer this as evidence of your superior logic and intelligence?

If that's all you've got to bring to the table then taking the rest of the year off is a great idea.

Unfortunately there are many here that will not demand that you make more than your silly 3rd grade level argument to back up your claims of superiority so you'll enjoy a few more pages of textual masturbation before it's over.

Good for you.

Dwayne

NOTE: Mateo is a kick in the ass at parties... Just sayin'...

Congratulations on being here for more than a few days.

My bullshit argument was the ONLY argument being made that had ANYTHING in the way of evidence to back it up. The two articles that were the crux of the whole thread. Your party-pal Mateo didn't come to the ready with any facts, figures, or information to prove his statements (more of the same ALS vs. BLS malarkey that I even put a disclaimer on my original post to say I was bashing the SYSTEM, and not PARAMEDICS), and I don't here you calling him out.

Yes, I was trying to draw people out into debate and confrontation... isn't that the point? Post things that people may not agree with so that different views and ideas can be shared... isn't that a form of education?

I am truly sorry if you and Mateo took these postings personally... it is regrettable, I only wish to have a little fun, and learn a few new perspectives at the same time. If you don't get the humour, or my humour is not humourous... well so be it. That being said, I have re-read these posts a few times, and am still at a loss to figure out how any of my posts could be misconstrued to say that Medics are more useless than basics... in fact I have stated exactly the opposite.

I was not "leading him around by the nose," nor was I claiming to. But I did post something that I knew would get some people fired up, hoping to have a debate. It did, and I complied with said debate. I don't know how continually trading posts with Mateo is "wussing out"... he still hasn't replied to my last one. If anything, after my first post it was Mateo who was leading me around. I was frantically trying to figure out why he so egregiously misunderstood my posts, and was attempting to rectify the misunderstanding.

I do not recall intimating at any point that I am superior to anyone. If you read into that because of my usage of the English language and some of the finer vocabulary terms that it has to offer... than I don't know what to say. I can not un-learn the language that I use. if you would like me to use simpler words and possibly write everything in lower case or maybe start writing a lot of grammatically incorrect run-on sentences that are devoid of punctuation so that you can feel better about yourself and don't have to be reminded that there are people that may know a few words more than you know so that i can now be judged solely on whether i know how to do cpr and i took 120 hr class and like to play with lights and sirens and man am i angry that those bastard medics dont talk to me... Nope can't do it. Sorry Dwayne. Intelligence is not judged by vocabulary, and by using it correctly I am not trying to make people think I am smarter than I am. I've routinely taken more shots at myself than I do at others... but I guess that in your mind it is just another way for me to prove my superiority.

Mateo didn't need you to stand up for him Dwayne, he was doing fine on his own. Maybe we would have even come to some common ground eventually. The debate that was going on was derailed by the "hurt feelings" involved when people take things personally. Honestly, there are no personal hard feeling at all from me to you guys, if you feel any toward me than there isn't a whole heck of a lot I can do about it.

I'll try in good faith to break this down for you, on each of your points, but have no faith that you'll get it. Here goes...

(more of the same ALS vs. BLS malarkey that I even put a disclaimer on my original post to say I was bashing the SYSTEM, and not PARAMEDICS)

Bullshit half statement. You state that basics are not better than medics, just systems with more basics and less medics. It seems to me that this statement speaks for itself, I'm not sure which part of it you're not getting? More basics and less medics means that, at least in some way, having more basics is superior to having all medics. Right?

Perhaps it's possible that you mean that there is simply something pathologic about medics being in constant contact. I can't speak to that, though I have worked in such a system and found the opposite to be true, but will truly think about it, perhaps you're right, if that was your point. But we have no idea what part was your point and what part your 'clever trap,' so, how to tell?

Yes, I was trying to draw people out into debate and confrontation... isn't that the point? Post things that people may not agree with so that different views and ideas can be shared... isn't that a form of education?

Yes, it certainly is. But this is where I believed I began to see your arrogance. Why not simply man up and give YOUR opinion, an opinion that you would have to stand behind and be responsible for? Why simply give 'an' opinion, one that you can run from later by saying, "Ha! I didn't really believe that! I was simply trying to educate the children!" I have no respect for your education when you haven't shown to be brave enough to have an opinion. But that's just me. Or perhaps not.

I am truly sorry if you and Mateo took these postings personally...

I haven't given you enough thought to take your ideas personally. What does offend me is people putting forth half efforts and half formed ideas and then running from them when called out. It teaches others here, and those that are new, to be cowardly and ignorant. There was a time when there was a whole cadre of the City that guarded against the "this is what I think" and then "But I didn't mean it! I was trying to teach!" crap...I still feel the need to shout into the void now and then even though those days appear long gone. I simply found your bullshit this time. Nothing personal.

I do not recall intimating at any point that I am superior to anyone. If you read into that because of my usage of the English language and some of the finer vocabulary terms that it has to offer... than I don't know what to say. I can not un-learn the language that I use. if you would like me to use simpler words and possibly write everything in lower case or maybe start writing a lot of grammatically incorrect run-on sentences that are devoid of punctuation so that you can feel better about yourself....(blah blah arrogant blah)

Nah man, I can't imagine where anyone would get the idea that your attitude makes you appear to feel superior. This self serving assumptive nonsense should embarrass even you. I think you don't know my posts if you can write such silliness, but those that do might assure you that I didn't need to spend any time in a dictionary or thesaurus to struggle through your brilliant verbiage. It seems that there was a time that you had intelligent, productive posts at the City. What happened that you devolved to where you seem to believe that if a sentence or paragraph sounds pretty then it must also be logical? Surly you can see the error in that?

This thread doesn't have to be dead. Just bring your game brother. I'm not looking for ways to make you fail or appear impotent, I'm simply waiting for you to put on your big boy pants and step up to the grown ups table with your ideas. I ideas you believe in. Surly you have something that you believe that I can learn from?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Dwayne.

1st edit to correct spelling. 2nd edit to rewrite the last quarter of my post that seemed to have been eaten during the first edit. No significant contextual changes intended though I can't clearly recall exactly what the end of the post said before. My apologies if anyone has posted during my attempts to repair this error.

Edited by DwayneEMTP

I'll try in good faith to break this down for you, on each of your points, but have no faith that you'll get it. Here goes...

How kind of you, but you do not use each of my points, and continue to misrepresent them so that you can try and play the scolding older brother role, it's actually quite pathetic.

Bullshit half statement. You state that basics are not better than medics, just systems with more basics and less medics. It seems to me that this statement speaks for itself, I'm not sure which part of it you're not getting? More basics and less medics means that, at least in some way, having more basics is superior to having all medics. Right?

Wrong again... clearly my stance has been that I think Basics and Medics work better TOGETHER... yet every time I write that, you ignore it and somehow come up with "I hate medics." Why are you trying so hard to contort my statements?

Perhaps it's possible that you mean that there is simply something pathologic about medics being in constant contact. I can't speak to that, though I have worked in such a system and found the opposite to be true, but will truly think about it, perhaps you're right, if that was your point. But we have no idea what part was your point and what part your 'clever trap,' so, how to tell?

The "trap" was simply the post itself, getting people fired up about an issue, and discussing it. I actually believe what I have posted, and have not wavered from it, but yet you keep telling me that I am and that I don't even believe in it...who's the arrogant one now Dwayne? Apparently you know what other people truly believe and what they don't.

Yes, it certainly is. But this is where I believed I began to see your arrogance. Why not simply man up and give YOUR opinion, an opinion that you would have to stand behind and be responsible for? Why simply give 'an' opinion, one that you can run from later by saying, "Ha! I didn't really believe that! I was simply trying to educate the children!" I have no respect for your education when you haven't shown to be brave enough to have an opinion. But that's just me. Or perhaps not.

IT IS MY OPINION AND I NEVER SAID IT WASN"T. I never claimed that it was not my belief, so I am at a loss to figure out why you think I am saying that it is not.

I haven't given you enough thought to take your ideas personally. What does offend me is people putting forth half efforts and half formed ideas and then running from them when called out. It teaches others here, and those that are new, to be cowardly and ignorant. There was a time when there was a whole cadre of the City that guarded against the "this is what I think" and then "But I didn't mean it! I was trying to teach!" crap...I still feel the need to shout into the void now and then even though those days appear long gone. I simply found your bullshit this time. Nothing personal.

Now you indulge yourself in a little nostalgia hoping that the inference of being an "ol' timer" will somehow make your argument make any sense. I still haven't retracted any statements, and I believe everything that I have posted, so your ridiculous attack of cowardly and ignorant, simply do not hold water. I never backed down from my statements, and I never did the"I'm trying to teach!" routine. Somewhere along the way you have made a personal value judgment about me... and that is your right to do... but I don't mind telling you that you are wrong. The fact remains that neither YOU Dwayne, nor Mateo have actually posted anything of quality on this issue and have decided to attack someone you "feel" has attacked the patch on your sleeve. When you finally do find that bullshit you are looking for, you will find it not to far away from your own bathroom.

Nah man, I can't imagine where anyone would get the idea that your attitude makes you appear to feel superior. This self serving assumptive nonsense should embarrass even you. I think you don't know my posts if you can write such silliness, but those that do might assure you that I didn't need to spend any time in a dictionary or thesaurus to struggle through your brilliant verbiage. It seems that there was a time that you had intelligent, productive posts at the City. What happened that you devolved to where you seem to believe that if a sentence or paragraph sounds pretty then it must also be logical? Surly you can see the error in that?

You've made your judgment.. c'est la vie... I can no more apologize for my language, as you can for your Paramedicine knowledge. I've never gone onto an ALS thread and called you arrogant for using correct medical terminology and appropriate treatment modalities. But I suppose I am not arrogant enough to do that. You, on the other hand, appear to be.

This thread doesn't have to be dead. Just bring your game brother. I'm not looking for ways to make you fail or appear impotent, I'm simply waiting for you to put on your big boy pants and step up to the grown ups table with your ideas. I ideas you believe in. Surly you have something that you believe that I can learn from?

I look forward to your thoughts.

So let me get this straight... I post my opinion, that uses the articles that this thread is based on as evidence... You tell me it is not my opinion, and go to great lengths to tell me that I am assumptive and arrogant... all the while you never actually posted anything of value germane to the subject. You are so caught up in trying to play the wizened elder states-man, you have totally forgotten the thread. So actually the thread was over the second you decided to get involved with your personal observations about my fundamental quality. If putting on "big boy" pants means grossly misinterpreting someones posts, adding no value what so ever to the conversation, playing the role of the chastising know-it-all (who doesn't have to make any sense, because he's a know-it-all), then I am quite happy to stay dressed in my onesies from the infant and toddler section.

As an aside... Thank you JPINV for the quote thing... I finally did it right. :rolleyes:

Fair enough cosgrojo.

I'm going to bail as you seem unable to grasp even the simplest of concepts or stay on subject. You are simply too committed to double talk and innuendo.

-I'm offended because you speak clearly and use appropriate language? Please show me where I implied that.

-I'm offended because you attacked my patch? Again, can you show where I've even hinted at such a ridiculous thing?

-"Clearly" your feeling is that medics and basics work best together? Please show me where that has proved to be clear to anyone.

-You believe everything you said? Please explain the statement, "It is no accident that I was not able to draw out Dust or any of the other City veterans... cuz they knew what I was doing. I think it is enough for them to chuckle at my ridiculousness." I guess I don't get that comment following a statement you claim to stand behind.

You're acting a child, which is perhaps why you feel that I'm the "scolding older brother." You seem to have surrounded yourself by people that believe volume of words replaces quality of thought. That's too bad.

It could take days to attempt to type page after page to try and break down each simple point in a way that you would 'get it'. I'm unwilling to take that time.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dwayne

-You believe everything you said? Please explain the statement, "It is no accident that I was not able to draw out Dust or any of the other City veterans... cuz they knew what I was doing. I think it is enough for them to chuckle at my ridiculousness." I guess I don't get that comment following a statement you claim to stand behind.

Of all the quotes you mentioned, I believe that a reasonable reader of this thread will have a hard time coming to the same conclusions you do... if they do... oh well. And of all the quotes... the one above is the only one that I would even need to explain. A while back, I posed a thread about what people thought would be the "perfect system." This was probably 2 years ago... if you want to look it up... be my guest. I was trying then to figure out what peoples thoughts were about a system that they themselves would design. I was unable to draw anyone out then about ALS and BLS working together, as I am unable to draw them out now. The point of that was that sooooo many threads on this site have been centered around ALS and BLS hate and discontent, and I have been trying to make people think a bit more critically about the systems they are in, to think about the possible benefits of working together. I have failed more often than not to get people to understand my belief in provider balance... so much so that I usually can not get anyone to debate it with me. When I say that they knew what I was doing, it is because Dust and others have VERY long memories and do not forget my previous attempts even if they are a couple years in the past.

You say you cannot find those references in my posts... well then you must not be reading them then. Because in EVERY post, my original post, and those that were a response to either you or Meteo, I have mentioned it.... nay, dedicated entire paragraphs to. Every one Dwayne. I have been consistent throughout.

You have provided no thoughts, you have provided no references, you have provided no substantive material at all... heck... you have not even provided an opinion of your own (except to call me names i.e. childish, assumptive, arrogant, and cast a pox on me). I would have loved to debate the dual medic system that I continually referenced in all of my posts trying to get people back on track... but you would have none of it. Is this just to satisfy your need to "yell into the void?" If so, then I will allow you to continue to yell into that void as much as you like... but I do not think it will make you feel any better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.