Emergency landing caught on tape in Winter Haven WFTS TV

scubanurse

Runway? We don' need no stinkin' runway.

Fantastic!

But I ain't seen no right turn signal.

Any cause listed?

Much better than landing in a field.

(I also faulted Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger for not skiing his Airbus A320 up to Pier 88 on the Hudson River.

I mean, really, make all those people wait in the cold? )

Edited by robert gift

http://www.newschief.com/article/20090423/...g-wasn-t-staged

Article related to landing... I'll try and look for some more information regarding it...

That article was pretty useless. I could have written that exact same thing minus having the names of the people the location. It was obvious the engine cut out, it was obvious he landed on the road. That reporter sucks at reporting.

yeah it was all that I could find from the reporting station though ... it's FL ... and the south.... Not gunna say more than that :P

some things are just a given :)

I assume this asshat ran out of gas. The engines momentarily restarted a few times, but didn't stay running. According my my pilot friend, he agrees.

I was just watching a news show about these types of landings and more and more of them are actually staged. They are saying this is becoming common place for pilots who want a thrill or two to do this type of emergency landing and saying that the engine stalled.

I personally think some are fake some are real.

I cannot remember the network I was watching that said this but it may have either been fox or one of my local stations.

I was just watching a news show about these types of landings and more and more of them are actually staged. They are saying this is becoming common place for pilots who want a thrill or two to do this type of emergency landing and saying that the engine stalled.

I personally think some are fake some are real.

I cannot remember the network I was watching that said this but it may have either been fox or one of my local stations.

Sullenberger is going to make a fortune writing a book about his life and extrairport landing, though any ATP rated pilot would have done the same.

Very fortunate that no vehicles were on the road in their direction. That seemed very unusual.

When I was learning to fly, I pointed out a road on which to land, and said I'd steer into the K-Mart parking lot and park in a parking space.

Doubtful they ran out of fuel. That is an easily avoidable deadly mistake.

Partial blockage allowing only so much fuel to enter the carburetor float chamber, then being used up? Not ifuel injected.

Love to know more.