Trauma center concerns

fireflymedic

I'm not sure of the entire situation but evidently 8 neurosurgeons were hired into another hospital system and has caused a standing rift between the university of louisville hospitals and norton healthcare possibly endangering the future of the neurosurgery resident program and also the status of a trauma center. Currently Kentucky has only one level one trauma center in the middle of the state (Lexington) and it is already overburdened. The other closest alternatives are Cincinatti or Nashville which are already stressed systems, and Lexington reaches full capacity on an almost daily basis. If this does happen, I have serious concerns about the ability of the surrounding areas to handle the additional stress. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/200...WS01/904190421/

as of right now U of L is a level 1 allways has been but with this going on i dont know i lived in louisville all my life and made many a run to them

sorry there Eric - that should have said one other level one woops - what you get for typing after too many hours up lol. For the record, yes, KY has two level one centers University of louisville and University of kentucky in lexington.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.