That feeling you get when doing 75 in a 45 and you pass a cop..

FireMedic65

So, I was cruising along home earlier, not paying attention to my speed when I saw a cop sitting on the side of the road. I immediately got "that feeling" when you do something like that. That all over the body feeling, like a warm fuzzy feeling... a warm fuzzy feeling of doom.

What is that called exactly, why does it happen? Is is some sort of vagal response?

Edited by FireEMT177959

So, I was cruising along home earlier, not paying attention to my speed when I saw a cop sitting on the side of the road. I immediately got "that feeling" when you do something like that. That all over the body feeling, like a warm fuzzy feeling... a warm fuzzy feeling of doom.

What is that called exactly, why does it happen? Is is some sort of vagal response?

Maybe a license suspension will slow you down.

I don't know for sure but I would imagine the feeling is mediated more by sympathetic tone than parasympathetic tone. ...More "fight or flight" than "feed and breed."

for sure lol

So did ya get a ticket? Did ya? Did ya? Mandantory court appearance baby - will we see you on speeders fight back? What will your response be?

So did ya get a ticket? Did ya? Did ya? Mandantory court appearance baby - will we see you on speeders fight back? What will your response be?

actually.. the cop waved to me. but that's besides the point. I was curious of what causes those "feelings" the body gets when situations like that happen

actually.. the cop waved to me. but that's besides the point. I was curious of what causes those "feelings" the body gets when situations like that happen

I know, just pickin on you. My suspicion is same as any sympathetic response (yes sympathetic, not parasympathetic) with the exception of a dorsal vagal complex which is an extreme parasympathetic response causing brochoconstriction among the other symptoms. However, I am seriously doubting you had parasympathetic deal - I know if I pass a cop going that fast (heck even if I'm just speeding a little) I have that fun little heart race increase, everything else with sympathetic response. You know that fight or flight deal? I'd be wantin to run !

I know, just pickin on you. My suspicion is same as any sympathetic response (yes sympathetic, not parasympathetic) with the exception of a dorsal vagal complex which is an extreme parasympathetic response causing brochoconstriction among the other symptoms. However, I am seriously doubting you had parasympathetic deal - I know if I pass a cop going that fast (heck even if I'm just speeding a little) I have that fun little heart race increase, everything else with sympathetic response. You know that fight or flight deal? I'd be wantin to run !

haha yea, it was just an example of the feeling you get. it is like an all over body sudden rush of warmth. then your heart is racing and hyperventilate a little.

It's the same feeling you get when you see your son jump off the top bunk onto the floor or you see him jump into 43 degree water (with a life Jacket on of course).

Heart beat increases, BP prolly goes up, warm feeling in the face and chest.. Happens to me when I'm driving in places that have no signs, and I don't know the speed limit. I have a bumper sticker "What's your Hurry? Is it really worth the loss of your life?".

Edited by 4cmk6