New NREMT testing.

Munchie

With the new way of testing for NREMT and when you get to the point of testing. Takeing it x3 failing and you need a refresher before you test again. For a chance at x2 after refreshers.

Does anyone know of online programs that are approved for refresher.

I have a web site that was suggested to me but I don't know if this website is approved for the refresher that NREMT approves of..

http://www.parameducators.com/Parameducators/

Anyother other websites that can be used would be a great help.

Thanks

I don't know what "new" way of test you are discussing unless you are talking about the computer method that has been performing for three years now.

As well, as long as one completes a formal refresher that is authorized by their State and meets the qualifications of such as the NHTSA curriculum.

I would be very leery of any "guaranteed' thing. If one actually studied properly the NHTSA and AHA/ECC reference in regards to all cardiac/CVA/ ASCHD questions one should be prepared enough.

There is no..."trick" in questions or specific proportion in the questions. As one that just returned from NREMT a few weeks ago at a test writer meeting, I know and understand their idealogies.

Good luck,

R/r 911

I have posted this before and I myself have recerted my state and NR twice with this refresher.

eeii.org

It is a home study refresher. Download the content, fill it out completely, should take 3 days to a week depending on how much time you put into it, mail it in to be graded and then you are mailed a certificate of completion.

As I said, the State of FL has accepted it twice as well as National Registry.

With the abundance of online EMT and Paramedic programs, why do you think a refresher would be hard to find and unapproved?

I have posted this before and I myself have recerted my state and NR twice with this refresher.

eeii.org

It is a home study refresher. Download the content, fill it out completely, should take 3 days to a week depending on how much time you put into it, mail it in to be graded and then you are mailed a certificate of completion.

As I said, the State of FL has accepted it twice as well as National Registry.

With the abundance of online EMT and Paramedic programs, why do you think a refresher would be hard to find and unapproved?

Just alike the scams of study questions on-line and test review crap that is out there one needs to be very careful. I know my state does not allow on-line refreshers. It has to have a certified authorized course number, and be pre-approved before it even occurs, as I know of many states also are reviewing many of those on-line courses.

There are very credible on-line courses but be sure they have met the credential of being Distributive Education with a CECBEMS approval rating; otherwise it maybe rejected.

Just because there is an abundance of online programs does not always mean each State will allow it within their own State. As one of the educators of a pilot program on-line Paramedic program within my State I will tell you not all programs are grandfathered in.

Alike online programs of those within the Nursing profession. There are States that are increasing additional education or may totally refuse to accept those licensed from another State. (Just because you have a license does not automatically guarantee permission). I am on a committee that will start reviewing such programs for EMS to ensure quality education, not just having completed a program.

Be aware of what your State will allow.

R/r 911

Edited by Ridryder 911

The program is licensed by the state, the courses have numbers assigned to them.

It is not an "online" course per se, it is a home study course.

You download the material, then fill it out by hand, then mail it in for review and grading. They are sticklers for full and complete answers, no shortcuts allowed.

In all honesty, I have gotten more out of these two refreshers than ones attended in person previously. I do not sit around listening to BS stories from other walks of life, I do not need to wait on idiots who have not kept up try to do so in that short week.

I get my packet and complete it. Completion requires utilizing many different resources. I spent several hours online doing research as well as consulted several different books. I also had to look up certain state statutes. Having to do all the research myself, led me to read many new articles I had not previously seen, it forced me to review certain things I had forgotten, otherwise I would not have the correct answer.

Overall it was a great review which is why I opted to utilize them again this year and do recommend them to others. It is inexpensive to sign up, you save gas, you save time. With the economy the way it is and everyone complaining about funds, here ya go.

The program is licensed by the state, the courses have numbers assigned to them.

You download the material, then fill it out by hand, then mail it in for review and grading. They are sticklers for full and complete answers, no shortcuts allowed.

In all honesty, I have gotten more out of these two refreshers than ones attended in person previously. I do not sit around listening to BS stories from other walks of life, I do not need to wait on idiots who have not kept up try to do so in that short week.

I get my packet and complete it. Completion requires utilizing many different resources. I spent several hours online doing research as well as consulted several different books. I also had to look up certain state statutes. Having to do all the research myself, led me to read many new articles I had not previously seen, it forced me to review certain things I had forgotten, otherwise I would not have the correct answer.

Overall it was a great review which is why I opted to utilize them again this year and do recommend them to others. It is inexpensive to sign up, you save gas, you save time. With the economy the way it is and everyone complaining about funds, here ya go.

I am not against such courses as long as they are credible. But you & I both know that is not always the case. I agree refreshers usually have a lot to be desired and if this was a viable option that is great.

Again the whole purpose of the refresher is to review areas and recognize those that one may have become rusty in. As long as it does it purpose.

R/r 911

• 1 year later...

hello akflightmedic,

thanks for the heads-up and detail with the eeii.org website and resource. i may try them out. i noticed you said it worked for the NREMT requirements. may i ask you a few questions about this process as i am trying to start it now. i will be attempting the refresher course and then the entire NREMT course - not lookign forward to it :-). may i email you a few questions? my email is cuinne@gmail.com. thanks,

Correct me if I am wrong, but the refresher to take the NREMT again, must include practicals correct? So I don't think you could do that online. When i took my refresher course to be able to take my NREMT and for my MD EMT cert, it had to include practicals and there was several people in that class that were there because they had failed and needed the refresher. But not completely sure.