Capt. Phillips is free!

JET EMT

Maybe now that we've gone in and taken him back with force, they will think twice about boarding american flag ships.

Or, think twice about taking American hostages, as killing the Americans would be easier. I doubt three dead pirates are going to stop the thousands of pirates willing to take the risk for easy money.

Not that I disagree with how the US navy acted, or the outcome of this specific situation.

Take care,

chbare.

Great one.

Hope someone will free the German freighter that has recently been captured by the same pirates, too.

Obvisously the Germans are again to stupid for that.... "My" Country had the world famous GSG9 in Place to board the freighter but they couldn't make it because the department/secretary of the interior and the defense secretery couldn't come to an arrangement which responsibliity the hole operation could be......

:huh:

Well I think I remember the running total that the pirates have taken in in the past year or so being around 45million dollars in ransoms. I think that that money to them outweighs the cost of a few hostages turned dead.

I can't see the pirates worrying about 3 of their dead pirate thugs, thats just 3 less pirates that have to be paid.

45 million is a pretty big persuader.