A Special Request

Gypsy

Yea I take it back I did get it !

You can tell the kids I loved the pictures and I can't wait to answer their questions and talk to them.

You should also have my intro email with pictures and info to share with the kids.

FYI If this program goes well for you gypsy you should consider expanding it to other schools, and maybe we could really start to educate our young kids about EMS ... best part is Pre-K is supposed to be universally free now I think, so we could reach all children who go to pre-k!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be awsome but would have no way to really do it. I really think there should be more for the younger kids. I mean white coat fear is a known thing and stuff like this really helps. I recently at a child in the hospital and when I went to visit him the nurses all asked me what I teach my kids because they were so shocked that he wasn't scared. In fact he was telling the doctors what they were doing and explaining it to them! ( Yes I gave myself a pat on the back for that one.)

It would really be great if there was some sort of liason for EMS to kids. ( Come on if the police can have the DARE programs and such why don't we?) I have a totally seperate kit that is only for me to bring into my class for my kids. This kit has the basics: BP cuff, stethescope, 1 or 2 4x4 gause pads, some tape, gloves, and a pen light. I let my kids "play" with direct supervision with all of these things. Heck they all know the basics of how to take vitals at this point. hehe They don't get them right but that isn't the point. To me the point is that they aren't afraid of the tools. It's funny listening to them. One day the kids were playing and the "emt" was doing a SAMPLE on his friend. I had a hard time not laughing.

I'm so proud of my kids.

Now to get back on topic to this project: The kids will be making letters today for their first questions. Some of them are REALLY good. So please remember these are 4 and 5 year olds so you need to keep the answers basic and clean. Some of them are just cute. Would you guys like me to send them to all of you or would you rather have them be more personal?

Now to get back on topic to this project: The kids will be making letters today for their first questions. Some of them are REALLY good. So please remember these are 4 and 5 year olds so you need to keep the answers basic and clean. Some of them are just cute. Would you guys like me to send them to all of you or would you rather have them be more personal?

I personally don't have any problem in dealing with 'general questions' or a 'more personal' email. I'll do my best to answer any and all questions they have.

LS

I personally don't have any problem in dealing with 'general questions' or a 'more personal' email. I'll do my best to answer any and all questions they have.

LS

Same here. Make it easy on yourself and do what works best for your class.

Questions were sent out today! Yes I know there's more questions than pictures. Some kids left early today and didin't get to make a picture to send to you guys. :( I will be gone from Monday to next Friday on vacation. We have a penpal/guild mate coming from London and we're showing her around Florida. Hopefully Miss Rita or Miss Diana will take over for me for those days I'm gone. I will also be reading the emails just for fun to see how you guys answer.

I know some of them were really good! I'm so proud of my kids!

• 2 weeks later...

Emails went out again today. Ya I know I cheated when it came to the topic. I set up the papers already for the next emails and those will be EMS related.

Emails went again again today. :D These are about IVs and why people get them.

Because I know we have a couple of you are firefighters: could one of you do a video of you putting on the gear? I would like the kids to see and if possible hear what a firefighter looks and sounds like.