Working 24 hour shifts with the opposite sex

Usually we run with 3 on so its easier. However some people can stay at their house and that leaves two. I invite my hubby to come out and eat with us, and watch movies with us. He sees how casual everything is and is more comfortable with it. Hopefully your partner isn't the type to make false comments about what you did or did not do. I do have two people in my crew that are going through that right now. they are friends but someone said that they were doing more. Its sad. Good luck!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, very sad for the station when its manned with people who may be that unprofessional.... and I do not mean THOSE being accused of a little hanky panky.

There are exactly 3(maybe 5) people that should care of it: The two colleagues, the station chief and if they exist the colleagues individual fiance.

The rest of the staff simply should not care about it.

I'm advocate for having an hanky panky at work, indeed I'm strongly against it.

But mainly I'm against all the chattter that is involve with such an rumor. THAT rumor is more unprofessional than those two were eventually.

I saw two many very good "working relationsships" break apart by rumors on a level that would fit in in junior high instead of an professional EMS.

Even if they commited the "crime" of having intercourse at the station: Who cares?

As long none else get any harm and it only happend once: So what? Errare humanum est (making a mistake is human). And certainly nothing anyone should give out about it aside from the chiefs.

In short, I think the real problem may be your wife’s insecurities and/or trust issues; not your work partner, or any other woman for that matter. Maybe, you should confront her about that possibility—if you haven’t already, and take it from there.

Good luck.

Unless your partner is just way hotter than your wife...then you're screwed.

:lol:

Ha! Now that's funny.

Seriously though, my wife knows I would never jeapordize my family for a piece of ass. Perhaps you should just convey the same thing to your wife. Just a suggestion. May or may not apply to your situation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.