Small Personal Bag

So i got a job at a night club as a bouncer, but also as a first responder type person. They hired me to have someone one staff who knows a thing or two about prehospital medicine. At the same time, ive been looking to get a bag to carry in my car. Our response area is large and we only have one squad to cover it, so if we are closer to the scene we are encouraged to answer directly to the scene. Ive been using my old school backpack, which sucks cause eveything gets messed up. Ive been looking for a small bag to keep the basic BLS stuff in it and remain organized. Ive hit galls, but their stuff is way to big for my needs. Ive seen other guys with these little blue bags, but they all got them 10 years ago and that place is OOS. Anyone know of a good BLS bag for a first responder situation?

http://online.boundtree.com/store/product_...mp;Prod=681772K

I agree with Spenac, if the service wants you to respond in 'that capacity', then they should provide the 'gear' you need in order to do it.

If they're not going to provide you with the gear, then they should at least offer to pay at least half of the amount you have to spend.

Another consideration is where you're working as a bouncer....what are their thoughts on this matter?

Will they be willing to spring for the supplies you may need?

Also, remember, there IS life ouside of Galls!

Other places to check would be:

Boundtree Medical

Moore Medical

Zee Medical

Locally, check for a 'hospital supply company' where you can purchase bandages, stethescopes/blood pressure cuffs, etc

LS

the squad is providing all the supplies for the bag, and said they might pay for the bag itself depending on the cost and budget blah blah blah. The club said to get prices and get back to them

I hate to go to galls, but they are a decent starting point, google came up with so much randomness it was crazy.

Boundtree first responder bag cost 45.00 list, 33.00 with our discount. I just bought three of them a month ago for new crew members. They will hold all that you need as a first responder. We stock them from in house supplies.

You guys have Walmart? I must be the only real rural person left in the USA. :P

We don't have a wally world either Spenac. Don't miss it at all!

You guys have Walmart? I must be the only real rural person left in the USA. :P

It's 43 miles away.. Our population isn't large enough for most chains to consider for a franchise location. There are only about 6500 people in the county.

Edited by 4cmk6

It's 43 miles away.. Our population isn't large enough for most chains to consider for a franchise location. There are only about 6500 people in the county.

Our nearest Walmart is 153 miles away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.