Fresh Meat to Pick At!

MsMedicAz

Well this is a little weird for me. Its like walking up to your husbands mistress and saying "How ya doing? Let me tell you about myself!" :D . My husband (Arizonaffcep) has tried to get me on this site for ever now and I finally gave in. I figured it must be pretty good considering he is willing to endure the nagging and lectures when he gets distracted by it and forgets to do something. I havent figured out the facination but I'm willing to stay for the ride. I am a Paramedic x about 7 years now. I've worked all facets of the feild and I am definately a supporter of seperating Fire and EMS. I am very direct and outspoken but I also hold a firm beleif in remebering the patient behind the chief complaint. I think all to often we "follow protocol" because they say the token words when we know better. I beleive Logicide occurs more in EMS than proper care due to "textbook medic syndrome." .....and thats only a glimpse of my soap box. So this is me...Hey EMTCity!

Welcome to the CITY! Az said I had to be nice to you so there I was nice..... :jump:

Just watch out for spenac he is EVIL. If you see him tell him that ITK rules and he DROOLS... :P

seriously hope you enjoy the ride welcome and have fun here.

Well considering whom you hang with already don't like you. :P

Welcome to the site. Hey arizona did you tell that other chick your wife was going to be visiting on here so she knows not to talk to you?

OOps was that outloud? Darn thought I sent a Private message. :gun:

Welcome to the city.

And if that itku2er type person posts ignore her, we all do so I'm sure someday she will leave. lol.

Edited by spenac

Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to ems(just finished b in dec and started als in jan) but I am addicted to both the ems world and this site. I like the way you think! Decided early on I don't just want to memorize the info and be a cookbook medic, but rather learn it and utilize it to give my pts the best outcome. I've learned alot here so far that I don't think I could have picked up from a book. Hopefully, I'll learn a lot from you, too!

No worries, MsMedic. We only pick at EMTs, firemen, volunteers, and medics without degrees here. There's also a few anti-Semites here, but I think you're probably safe. ;)

Welcome aboard!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.