New Castle County EMS

Anyone have any info on NCC EMS? I'm relocating to the area.

Shift shedule?

Actual stations or SSM?

Career ladder?

Quality of equipment?

How terrible would the commute be from northern Phili? If they have 24 hr shifts, I can handle a long commute a couple days a week. Thanks. Feel free to PM me if you have worked here or have some great info!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I can't help you with info on the area on where you will be at. I can offer you an idea of the drive. It's long, at least 10 hours.

10 hours from Northern philadelphia to northern Delaware (Wilmington area) ??? I don't think so.

I should have been more clear in my post...

I'm looking for info on New Castle County in Delaware, coming from Horsham/Philadelphia, PA.

Oh, I read under your name it said "Soon to be North Carolina"

Won't take you long at all to get to Delaware then.

Your best bet is to contact services in that area and talk to the human resources department or a supervisor.

Edited by FireEMT177959

10 hours from Northern philadelphia to northern Delaware (Wilmington area) ??? I don't think so.

I should have been more clear in my post...

LOL! You should have expected that, dude. Seriously, how many people did you expect would guess what state you were talking about, considering your listed location?

Hi,

I know NCC as we have a ride-along programme going with them. The commute from Philly will take you about 45 mins, depending on traffic.

There is no SSM, as far as I'm aware.

The shifts are (or were last year, at least) )0700-1800 and 1800-0700.

Equipment? Well they are an ALS service that does not transport so they utilizie custom built Ford Explorers instead of ambulances. In the city the private-contract BLS unit transports, out of town it is largely vollie Fire.

They are largely based at Firehouses throughout the region.

Career opportunities? Not really sure. What I do know is that you couldn't wish to meet a better bunch of people!

Say hello to everyone when you get there. Especially Lt. Mark Allston, my buddy down there.

We will be visiting again in september from Holland, so I'll be organizing a get-together. Hope you'll find time to join us!

WM

Hi,

I know NCC as we have a ride-along programme going with them. The commute from Philly will take you about 45 mins, depending on traffic.

Equipment? Well they are an ALS service that does not transport so they utilizie custom built Ford Explorers instead of ambulances. In the city the private-contract BLS unit transports, out of town it is largely vollie Fire.

Career opportunities? Not really sure. What I do know is that you couldn't wish to meet a better bunch of people!

Say hello to everyone when you get there. Especially Lt. Mark Allston, my buddy down there.

We will be visiting again in september from Holland, so I'll be organizing a get-together. Hope you'll find time to join us!

WM

oh oh oh can I come too?

Maybe I can arrange some ride time where I work if you are interested.

Hi,

WM

No transport? So I'm assuming the medic will jump on the private/vollie transport ambulance. So does that mean they have to carry all their ALS equipt with them off the truck and onto the ambulance for every call? How do you get back to your truck after the call?

Do you ride solo or with an EMT/Medic on the non-transporting trucks?

Thanks again, I read the thread regarding which service to visit during your trip here. The banter gave me a headache.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.