Lethargopoly

No pulse but an orginized rhythm on the monitor.

You got two IVs

Go to PEA protocol. CPR. Start your drugs. Get him intubated. Work him there as current guidelines say no rolling codes.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time he took his meds and is there any chance he took too much of any of them?

No pulse but an organized rhythm on the monitor.

"Treat the patient, not the machinery" is a mantra I learned when NY State, and the NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation EMS, first went with the EMT-Defibrillation program. A good thing for all levels of responders to go by.

Agreed. Looks like a third degree AV block to me. Could try dopamine and epi, but I'd prolly pace em.

It's not 3rd degree block because of the absence of any P waves. 3rd degree block will still produce P waves but they will be disassociated. Here is another strip (tip: look in the chest leads, note how the QRS complex goes in different directions in the same lead)

12_lead_EC_2.gif

"Treat the patient, not the machinery" is a mantra I learned when NY State, and the NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation EMS, first went with the EMT-Defibrillation program. A good thing for all levels of responders to go by.

Thats very true.

It's not 3rd degree block because of the absence of any P waves. 3rd degree block will still produce P waves but they will be disassociated.

I dont see how you are saying there are no P waves.. I have circled some (not all) of the P waves, or what I consider to be P waves.

44efdf7b58.jpg

I would call this rhythm (the top one) First Degree AVB based on the prolonged PRI, however in the two complexes I compare there is no lengthining or any dropped P waves.

Maybe I am misinterpreting??

Given the patients history it would appear he is failing (CHF), the presentation to me (the first ecg) would make me query right sided MI given the bradycardia now exposed (in the ecg). MI protocol while treating the failure also..