Lethargopoly

I wrote, previously, to either contact the child's parent, or the LEOs, but the patient takes the priority. Someone else mentioned to just strap the child into the ambulance and transport along with the patient.

I clarify my statement by saying, yes, transport both, and have the LEOs, or even the parents, meet you at the hospital, to put the child into protective custody (the LEOs), or retrieve the child (parents). Saves a bit of time, as due to the patient's described condition, you should be "Load and Go", as opposed to "Stay and Play".

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12_lead_EC_2.gif

This looks like electrical alternans that can be noted in all leads except lead III. Whilst not pathognomonic for pericardial tamponade, in the setting of PEA it would certainly have to be at the top of my list of causative factors. Or at least top of the list of causes that are easily reversible any way!!

A good clue here may have been his JVP on the initial assessment.

Stay safe,

Curse :devil:

Edited by Curse

This looks like electrical alternans that can be noted in all leads except lead III. Whilst not pathognomonic for pericardial tamponade, in the setting of PEA it would certainly have to be at the top of my list of causative factors. Or at least top of the list of causes that are easily reversible any way!!

You would be correct, go directly past GO, collect as much money as the patients' HMO will cough and wash and re stock the truck :P