Baveria(Germany) Standard Ambulance and System description

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late reply but thanks for the pictures. I lived in Germany during 2007 (in Regensburg) and tried all year to hunt down some people to show me around their rigs and explain the system. My wife was going to University there and doing an Anthropology study. I couldn't find anyone unfortunately and wish I knew someone then. I miss Germany and would love to live and work there but the systems are so different and very difficult for a foreigner to do anything.

Wow its amazing how well laid out and organized your rigs are. Usually our LP's and sitting on the bench, sometimes even belted down, but not often. Cool to see really different rigs compared to what i'm used to seeing. On the first page of pictures, the stretcher seems to been in some form of box, is this a loading ramp?

@Dominion:

I'm very sorry to hear that you expirienced those problems. If you ever come back to Bavaria, feel free to mail me. It should be no problem visit a Station. Maybe we even get the chance to invite you to an few shifts on my rig. (I can't guarantee that, but it seems "possible").

@Quakefire:

Yeah, the stretcher is on a "loading box". This makes it possible to directly "drive in" the "loading box". There the stretcher is secured automatically. Then you can lift the stretcher in the rig electronically.

@Dominion:

I'm very sorry to hear that you expirienced those problems. If you ever come back to Bavaria, feel free to mail me. It should be no problem visit a Station. Maybe we even get the chance to invite you to an few shifts on my rig. (I can't guarantee that, but it seems "possible").

Hah deal, just so long as you can deal with my more than terrible german when needed ;)

Well, might be as long as you can handle my terrible english;)

And BTW: I think "drunkish" is a language spoken worldwide;)

:D

So you might just undertand our patients (at least most of them) very good;)

:lol::D

Well, might be as long as you can handle my terrible english;)

And BTW: I think "drunkish" is a language spoken worldwide;)

:D

So you might just undertand our patients (at least most of them) very good;)

:lol::D

Well if I can ride drunk I can speak pretty good German :D

Now if just wasn't so damn expensive to fly to Europe. Staying there is cheap, it's flying there that's the problem.

Damn, might have to convince my wife to change careers. Will just have to see what I can find, if I can find a flight for less than 700-800 to anywherei n Europe I can catch another ryan air flight to Frankfurt and ride the ICE down to Munich (did that a few times). Probably be cheaper in the long run than flying straight into Germany.

Quick Edit: Flights into dublin for 600 US, ICE ticket is like 100 US (or atleast it was in 2007), and a ryan air flight for probably less than that...hrm :P I think my wife would be pissed if I went to Europe without her though ;)

Edited by Dominion300

A ride with the train can be cheap?

Damm it, i f*** hate them... If my application to the german customs will be accepted I'ill have to get to "munster" (northwest germany) often... I just figured out that travelling by plane might be four times cheaper than using the train....

:o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.