LOOKING FOR NEW JOB IN FLORIDA

MSBMEDIC

hey canadian prick, i'm not a criminal, just looking for simplicity, but you canadian pricks dont understand that do you?.

First off, he is not Canadian.

Secondly - he gave good info and sound advice in a simple statement, if you cannot comprehend his statement that makes YOU simple.

Thirdly - If you cannot backup accusations/labels with science/research, hold your opinions to yourself, no one here wants to hear you talk trash. You have stumbled upon a professional forum, please act as a professional and treat us with respect untill we prove different.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey canadian prick, i'm not a criminal, just looking for simplicity, but you canadian pricks dont understand that do you?.

Wow, I am defending crochity.

Anyways, no attacks and save the language for a post that may truly deserve it. :)

He was not insinuating that you were a criminal, he was saving time and giving valid, relevant information. Tons of people come on these boards and a lot of them do in deed inquire about past DUIs and criminal records.

He was letting you know if there were any predispositions which precluded you from FD work, then you should also avoid AMR.

Him listing the information is not only for your benefit (remember, its not all about you), but for all the people who come on these boards now and in the future and may have similar questions.

Relax a bit dude.

Now as for your question, it has been answered but I will echo it. Florida is a predominantly fire based state. Most everyone is affiliated with a union, even Rural Metro in Orlando has a cheesy union.

In the event that you can not bring yourself to work for an agency that recognizes a union, then you may seriously need to reconsider where you wish to live...as Vent said, state #2 on your list.

ok people, i apologize. i'm not anti fire but where i'm from it seems these union fire guys act like the "second coming". i have no criminal background, not even a dui and i have family on the fire side who ride around in the "fire trucks" and rescue little kittens stuck in trees( dont tell my sister i said that). i'm just looking for a new frontier to work in doing something i like to do and for now looking at a private ambulance company called sunstar located in pinnelas countty

give me some info on them any info you got, like what do they pay for a 15 yr. medic who's healthy, jokes, worked "911" side(inside a fire house) and taken gramas & grandpas to dialysis apts. if you give me this info i'll be nice, even to the canadians( for awhile).

so accept my sorry for saying bad things were all in this together.

I've got some information and it would have been my pleasure to provide it to the best of my ability. Unfortunately it would seem you have a significant chip on your shoulder regarding Canadians, and I suspect I would simply open myself up to a tirade no matter how I tried to help by answering your question. I do appreciate you providing an honest opinion regarding your hatred of Canadians though, even if I can't imagine what "I" did to deserve it.

I will be honest with you and say there is not much job security in the private ambulance services in Florida due to all the mergers and consolidations.

Sunstar is a decent service but they hold their breath each time contract negotations come around.

Lee County EMS (Fort Myers) is a good service and may still be a good option. But they are represented by Local 1826 of the Southwest Florida Professional Firefighters and Paramedics

Collier EMS was also an option but that too is undergoing changes.

Polk County EMS may also go Fire in the near future.

Marion County already has gone to Fire.

AMR covers much of South Florida.

It may be difficult to avoid the unions even in a Right to Work state.

http://www.iaeplocal621.com/

This union site has more info about nonfire EMS jobs. The unions are weighing in that they can protect the jobs from Fire. They haven't been of much help so far.