Ocean Force - Huntington Beach

Dustdevil

OK..........You baited me in real good. I had to watch a few of the trailers on the web site. I'm starting to wonder what the big fuss was all about. Then I saw a clip about CPR on the beach. They had the AED and all. It seemed like it took quite a while. Then I started noticing I was seeing the exact images over and over again with a detailed dialog. Is this incompetence on the lifeguard's behalf, or is this the editors of the raw footage trying to make things bigger than they seem. I will give everyone a benefit of the doubt based because I think they are doing some weird editing on this show.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched an episode last week, they got ROSC on a V-Fib arrest in a 19 year-old (300+ pound) male who arrested in the water, he was sitting up and giving a police officer his name and DOB when EMS showed up. I was impressed, even when the lifeguards were carrying him from the water's edge towards the parking lot to meet the incoming ambulance, they were stopping every 10 seconds for CPR.

Watched an episode last week, they got ROSC on a V-Fib arrest in a 19 year-old (300+ pound) male who arrested in the water, he was sitting up and giving a police officer his name and DOB when EMS showed up. I was impressed, even when the lifeguards were carrying him from the water's edge towards the parking lot to meet the incoming ambulance, they were stopping every 10 seconds for CPR.

Wow. They are good! :twisted:

Ill stick to reruns of "Trauma Life in the ER" and "Paramedics."

Anyone ever watch "Code Blue" and get an all around feeling of stupidity? Its on the same network as Trauma and is the same concept but seemingly more over dramatized.

i agree. trauma and paramedics were good shows and i wish theyd continue the series. i havent seen a medics episode in well over a year. as for code blue, when it first aired i couldnt stand it. it had the stupid dramatic voiceovers, now it has a much more 'trauma' feel to it. and for the lifeguard and ski patrol series, its the repeating footage and the absolutley stupid voiceovers that kill it. COPS has been on for over 20 years and never had any voiceover, dramatic explaination, they should get a clue. the last huntington beach one i saw, they pulled a dead guy out of the surf and threw an AED on him, got a few NSA advisories but if you notice, the pads were BARELY even sticking to him as he was full of sand and wet.

i agree with you dustdevil...i also caught it by accident while over at a my dad's house. i think we spent most of the duration of that show mocking and laughing at these patients due to their weak and bs complaints. it appeared to us that almost every patient had neck pain and was put into c-spine. it truly was a disappointing show. :roll:

i agree with you dustdevil...i also caught it by accident while over at a my dad's house. i think we spent most of the duration of that show mocking and laughing at these patients due to their weak and bs complaints. it appeared to us that almost every patient had neck pain and was put into c-spine. it truly was a disappointing show. :roll:

No doubt.

HeroLifeguard: "SIR, Did you fall?"

Idiot victim: "Well, no. I was laying there when a stingray zapped my little toe."

HeroLifeguard: "Well, did you THINK you might fall?"

Idiot victim: "Well, maybe for a sec, but i didnt fall."

HeroLifeguard: "Dont move SIR!" "You may die or never blink again" "I must put this collar on you to save your life"

HeroLifeguard: "Hero One to base, come IN!" "We need a BUS on a rush, STAT!" "I have a 46 year old male that thought about falling" "Put a bird on standby and alert SWAT!"