Acadian EMS Beaumont TX

txemt

Spent quite a bit of time in Beaumont, didn't care for it. Prefer to live where the ego's aren't as big.

What specifically are you talking about? The city as a whole? The city EMS? Acadian Beaumont?

The best thing to come out of Texas is I-10 East

Maybe, but it doesn't get good until four states later.

Well there paraloco I am not sure where you heard that 1 drip meds do not get paid but I can assure you that is completly wrong. The CCT critieria for any drip is that if it must be on a IVAC pump and is anything other than normal saline, ringer, d5w all by itself that a CCT unit must be used for this patient. It does not matter whether there are antibotics, potassium, or anything that is added to the isotonic solution that the CCT unit must be used. These are some really easy CCT calls and getting the extra cash for these types of trips are great. I am a CCT medic for AASI and can assure you that it does not matter whether it is 1 drip or 5 drips you get paid. Yes we do run just like a regular unit but it is your own choice whether or not to be on a CCT unit.

Well there paraloco I am not sure where you heard that 1 drip meds do not get paid but I can assure you that is completly wrong. The CCT critieria for any drip is that if it must be on a IVAC pump and is anything other than normal saline, ringer, d5w all by itself that a CCT unit must be used for this patient. It does not matter whether there are antibotics, potassium, or anything that is added to the isotonic solution that the CCT unit must be used. These are some really easy CCT calls and getting the extra cash for these types of trips are great. I am a CCT medic for AASI and can assure you that it does not matter whether it is 1 drip or 5 drips you get paid. Yes we do run just like a regular unit but it is your own choice whether or not to be on a CCT unit.

Out of curiosity, can you guys use your CCT specific skills on a 911 call? For example can you set up a patient on your vent? Can you start a drip of something that isn't on a normal truck but is on your CCT unit? In other words are you kind of an expanded scope medic even on 911 calls?

Yes on these units we can use the additional equipment and meds that we have. I personally have not done so since I am in more of a city type area with transport times averaging less than 10-15 minutes to a ER. Now I have talked to some of the medics that work some of the CCT units that have used the vent on 911 calls where the transport time was longer and used it on resp arrest patients. The IV pump has been used by a medic that works the same unit as me for a STEMI patient that he had a longer than normal transport time for and instead of continuing with the classic MONA combo for this pt and spraying nitrates every 3 minutes he did go ahead and start the Nitro drip on the patient which worked out so great.

Our medical director and medical contacts at the hospitals have been great since the inception of these units and they love them. It has taken patient care up a notch esp. with how more and more we are seeing patients that require the equipment that we have.

Yes on these units we can use the additional equipment and meds that we have. I personally have not done so since I am in more of a city type area with transport times averaging less than 10-15 minutes to a ER. Now I have talked to some of the medics that work some of the CCT units that have used the vent on 911 calls where the transport time was longer and used it on resp arrest patients. The IV pump has been used by a medic that works the same unit as me for a STEMI patient that he had a longer than normal transport time for and instead of continuing with the classic MONA combo for this pt and spraying nitrates every 3 minutes he did go ahead and start the Nitro drip on the patient which worked out so great.

Our medical director and medical contacts at the hospitals have been great since the inception of these units and they love them. It has taken patient care up a notch esp. with how more and more we are seeing patients that require the equipment that we have.

If you use these skills on a 911 patient do you still get the bonus stipend?

I don't like this idea of a "you get paid if you use your skills but not if you don't" mentality. That's like telling a cop they get paid a bonus for every person they arrest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.