Young Paramedics

Timmy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol well we all have our own opinions

And yours is based on nothing. I can almost guarantee that I am smarter, better educated, and more experienced than this "very intelligent" instructor you talked to, and I say he doesn't know what he's talking about. A good paramedic comes from anyone who is intelligent, committed, and has a solid educational preparation. I can make a better paramedic out of someone who isn't even an EMT at all than he can from an "experienced" EMT.

BTW: Here (Germany), after a few broad studies took place and tried to measure the "threatment quality" of Paramedics directly educated vs. Paramedics who were trained step by step (means first EMT-I than EMT-P), it's discussed to forbid the "step by step" training.

The Medics trained step-by-step had resultats that were significant worse, especially in were complex situations. It's guessed that medics that directly learn their theoretical knowledge in one block gain an broader view on their patients.

Just as a comment...

More proof that Germans are the Master Race. :D

Can you, by chance, link us to the studies, or discussion of them?

Not that I could read them, but still...

Edited by Dustdevil

And yours is based on nothing. I can almost guarantee that I am smarter, better educated, and more experienced than this "very intelligent" instructor you talked to, and I say he doesn't know what he's talking about. A good paramedic comes from anyone who is intelligent, committed, and has a solid educational preparation. I can make a better paramedic out of someone who isn't even an EMT at all than he can from an "experienced" EMT.

Lol I highly doubt that

lol im not trying to start anything im just saying my opinion. I didnt know some people would get annoyed by it haha :lol:

We're always annoyed by people who mouth off as if they actually know something when, in fact, they do not. Such people passing on bad advice, based on zero education or experience, contributes to the poor state of our profession, so yes... we take it personally.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.