traumatic aortic aneurysm care

Just Plain Ruff

[

Thanks for you thoughts man, and welcome to the City!

Dwayne

Thanks for the welcome mate!!!

Great site and I am looking forward to sharing my ideas with others here.

Stay safe,

Curse :evil:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard anything about not taking a BP in the left arm due to the possibility of making the situation worse. As far as anatomy goes I suppose that theoretically the left arm BP could cause more “back pressure” on the aortic arch than a BP on the right side as the left subclavian artery has more of a direct communication with the aortic arch than the right subclavian which additionally branches with the right common carotid before entering the arch. Just a VERY wild guess though.

My personal feeling is that a simple BP, left or right arm, would not cause this problem and we routinely do bilateral BP’s in pts suspected of traumatic aortic injuries. Would be great to have some actual research on this though.

Stay safe,

That's about what I was saying, just couldn't word it as well as you did, Curse. Thanx.

Thanks for the welcome mate!!!

Great site and I am looking forward to sharing my ideas with others here.

Stay safe,

Welcome mate! From Oz eh? We just lost a medic from Oz. Had been in Afghanistan for two years and had many connections. However, he wants to focus on his EMS career and push toward obtaining intensive/critical care paramedic credentials? As I understand, he is currently registered as an advanced care paramedic? Forgive my ignorance. Anyway, welcome and I also look foreword to new blood bringing additional thoughts and discussion into the city.

Take care,

chbare.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.