Be Honest: Are You a Jerk?

JaxSage

People on the job think you're a jerk most likely because...  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• I didn't know people thought that of me! I have no idea why!!
    • I speak my mind whether or not people like it.
    • I always argue and never seem to agree with anybody.
    • My years of experience tend to make me a know-it-all sometimes (okay, most of the time).
    • I tend to be nasty to the patients when I'm in a bad mood -- which is all the time.
    • I make my partners feel inferior and useless.
    • I'm just not really a nice person, I suppose.
    • I'm really reserved and don't say much...and I guess people mistake that for being a jerk.
    • I get into physical fights with my partners.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I've worked with that same guy. But he would also tell others that he washed it when he didn't. That's what always got me irrate. Luckily most knew better.

im usually the guy who hates washing the truck and complains till its done but i always get my partners laughing later and alway put a brave face on for the patient i mean everyone is a jerk sometimes but you gotta try make the day fun anyway right?

My regular relaxed face as well as my thinking expression is less than friendly from what I have been told. Judgement from

people the first time they see me is what wins me the "b*tch" title-which I must admit, I have no problems with.

But I know better. :wink:

Apparently, I think too much.

I'm thinking too much about the medicine and my skills are suffering for it. :roll:

Actually, they do have a point... I'm still pretty clumsy. Working on it though.. and will continue to improve and learn for as long as I breathe...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Apparently, I think too much.

I'm thinking too much about the medicine and my skills are suffering for it. :roll:

Actually, they do have a point... I'm still pretty clumsy. Working on it though.. and will continue to improve and learn for as long as I breathe...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Yeah... I got that crap when I first started too..... Its remarkable how quickly the clumsiness goes away. That is just a question of practice. The thinking part tho - if you don't have it, it is very very very difficult (maybe impossible) to get it.

I also got the the "don't beat yourself up - you'll never last in this business" BS when I critiqued each call. Also nonsense in my opinion. If I don't find something after each call that I can do better then I am being dishonest with myself or obtuse.

Take care Wendy girl - you are about as far from a jerk as they make 'em.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.