Non-Essential employees?

EMTsheri

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very cautious about directly contacting the media, as it can backfire on you depending upon what is stated, or how the reporters slant the story. If you embarass your political leaders and they know it was the EMS folks behind the story, they may choose to punish you in a variety of ways. On the other hand, if you know of a call with a bad outcome due to budget cuts, and the media finds out about it anonymously, then so be it.

Just realize that when you air your dirty laundry to the media, they may not stop where you want them to, and may also point out some unflattering statistics or facts about your service (maybe your EMS cost 30% more than the neighboring county, maybe you run "x" less calls than your neighbor but have a higher budget, maybe you had a medic accused of sexually molesting someone two years ago, and a new "news" story might breath some life into that old embarassing story).

Before I got on the FD they "furloughed" 3 or 4 FF/Med. It was for about 18 months before they were recalled, and not all of them came back. It caught the FD by surprise. They thought all would be clambering to come back. I believe only two did. After I did get on full time that was still a discussion for debate. And I heard all the arguments. But I am still trying to figure out what a "furlough" meant besides being "laid off". They say there is a difference, but I don't see it.

One of those guys that were furloughed is now the Chief. The dept. has almost doubled since I left, mostly under him.

Eric, you must forgive me, I truly mean no disrespect when I tell you that I do not understand either of your posts regarding Yellow Ambulance. I believe the only differences between them and LMEMS is the pay, the fact that they are a private service and that they transport 'from' hospitals. If your idea was to push a "dig" on them, well I just can't agree with it. We are all in the same boat >> out trying to save some lives in our communities.

Crotchity....once again, your words are welcomed. Thank you. Keep'em coming.

EMTsheri im with you on this i live in the highlands and work at GE as a emt non yellow thank you out there

lets play a word game what cames to youer mind when i say "yellow" EMTsheri

"I'd like to buy a punctuation mark, Pat!"

"I'd like to buy a punctuation mark, Pat!"

Now Dust, let's play nice!

Beating up on those that are 'gramatically and puncutationally challenged' might damage their tender 'id', and cause them to develop emotional scarring, and worse yet, phobias about punctuation and grammar!

:shock: :o :roll: :crybaby: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.