Bodies

jordanfstop

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we are the body removal. We put the body in a body bag and then onto the cot. We then place a sheet over the bag and tuck in the sides, strap them up and off to the morgue.

Then what happens when an emergency run comes in in your district? Someone with difficulty breathing gets to wait an extra five to ten minutes because of a dead body? :?

FAIL!

Dust if another call comes in before the body is loaded we go, if the body is in the ambulance then off to the morgue i go. You have to keep in mind when you FAIL me I live in a very small community and I have never had to leave a body for another call in 13 years. We have no coroner here, we have to call off island to get one,so we are it for body removal.

I was not failing you, lol. I was failing the community leaders who lack the foresight to realise the idiocy of this plan, as well as the EMS administrator who enables those idiots to continue. S/he gives EMS a black eye and sacrifices the dignity and respect of an entire profession for whatever s/he is making off of these body transports, as well as putting his/her citizens at risk. That is FAIL.

We call the PD, as soon as they get there we are "In service" for another call. PD calls the coroner and he transports.

The only time I have transported a bodie was in a remote setting where the coroner was over 2hrs away and the body was lying on the side of mainstreet baking in the summer sun. We loaded him up and "Intercepted" the coroner halfway. I did not totally agree with what took place but we were not the only unit available.

I actually suggested putting him in the cooler at the local butcher shop! hahahaha

If "Obvious Death", or after OLMC approval to stop CPR, Paramedics in FDNY EMS remove all IVs and airway tubes that they started, the body then gets covered with a sheet WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FACE, and if not already on scene, NYPD is notified to respond for a DOA. The Medical Examiner's Office is notified, and unless standards have changed, FDNY EMS does not remove the body anymore, even when the body is in public view, as used to be the case.

If "Obvious Death", or after OLMC approval to stop CPR, Paramedics in FDNY EMS remove all IVs

and airway tubes that they started, the body then gets covered with a sheet WITH THE EXCEPTION

OF THE FACE...

Seriously??? :shock:

EDIT: Darn ads! :roll:

I was not failing you, lol. I was failing the community leaders who lack the foresight to realise the idiocy of this plan, as well as the EMS administrator who enables those idiots to continue. S/he gives EMS a black eye and sacrifices the dignity and respect of an entire profession for whatever s/he is making off of these body transports, as well as putting his/her citizens at risk. That is FAIL.

While I agree with you it is inappropriate to take a car out of service to move a body sometimes you don't have a choice. In some of these small isolated communities the only vehicle capable of moving a corpse appropriately (within a range of 2 hours or more) is an ambulance. We don't do it often. Maybe 2-3 times a year total. It's hard for a community to justify a transport vehicle for 2-3 transports a year. The other thing to keep in mind is that a second car remains available during that time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.