Request to AK and ADMIN for a Republic of ALBERTA FLAG.

tniuqs

well, i will have to come back and read this thread more thoroughly later....

<snip>

I am more than dismayed, that the Liberals would not cooperate to make a good government, Layton held the deciding power ... ps there is a reason that the NDP have never been voted in a majority government that I can recall, and this is the first time in history that Quebec Separatists (and do not have a dully elected seat in the house) are getting into bed with the arche enemy the Liberal's and Yes you should read the post from the get go.

*our current system only elects the winners, if you didn't vote for a winner in your riding, your vote didnt really count*

So you are saying only one MP from Alberta to represent in the House now ... because that will be the reality if the coalition is successful, we voted for winners but they got trumped in a gang bang, the people spoke.

With Layton suggested as being the Industry Minister honestly shock and awe I bet big buisness in Ontario will just love that idea ... hmmm.

We still can have a Canada without Quebec (btw not all Francophone live in Quebec) If its their wish to separate then "who are we to dictate" on the other hand "or be dictated to", that's what democracy is, the majority rules.

I have a very good friend, he is more than tired of paying over 53% of his earnings in tax that he has no tangible say in where those funds go he is taking his Family and leaving Canada.

(62% voted against the conservatives)

Honestly thats just a bit of a media spin actually 62% in total "voted for other parties" with a pathetic turn out to add. I bet there will be a hell of a lot more next election, maybe this what is needed to fire up Canadians to get to the polls.

Don't forget that pre-oilsands Alberta was a have not province

DocHarris I would challange that statement there was oil/lumber/grain and (whiskey) with prosperity 25 years ago, Alberta is a has been since Lougheed.

You know what gets my GOAT, the transient workers from other provinces, there are many due to the selling of the oilsands, they earn wages here in Alberta but stressing out the infrastructure, hospitals, roads, social services, +++ and then file their taxes in the province where they reside the taxpayers of Alberta are left with the tab, even NFL is considered a "have province today" I tell you if that happened in Ontario tax laws would change in a new york heartbeat !

But the reality this is all very simple, no matter what I want "personally" I am guided by whats in MY "wallet" and so should the government so if the budget does not get approval then we all loose.

Give the Harper Government a chance.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darrell HFX

Fact: NDP and Bloc premeditate plans intended to take down Government at the first opportunity.

Fact: The Economic Update gave Coalition/Bloc opportunity to take down Government.

Fact: Coalition cannot offer Bloc cabinet seat in the contract agreement, because Bloc members will not pledge allegiance to the crown.

Fact: Coalition gives Bloc powers of veto on all Government votes.

Fact: Coalition/Bloc informs Canadians and GG of their intention of planned take down; prior to the vote.

Fact: Elizabeth May accepts seat in the Senate without any offer.

Fact: Government legally delays vote on Economic update.

Fact: Government informs Canadians the Government will take every legal step to stop premeditated Government take down.

Fact: GG legally prorogues parliament.

Fact: Cracks in coalition, Stephan Dion's days are numbered.

Fact: Polls indicate if election held today CPC would get majority.

Fact: Stephen Harper just might be remembered as Canada's greatest strategic politician.

The plot thickens.

OK I have to have a word. My problem with the whole thing is simple. The conservatives are in as the minority government and that is the way the canadian people voted. Whether I voted for them or not is not the issue the fact is that they won per say and I have accepted that fact and am hoping for the best.

Now I only see a big baby by the name of Dion trying and not succeeding in to save face for having the lowest votes ever for the liberals. I think all of this was preplanned before the election. I have no respect for those who are bad losers and if they decide that they want to take over they will have the canadians to contend with. This will only make the canadian people make the conservitives the majority if they go to election.

I think the GG did the right decision on the hopes that they will start to have some sort of conversations and as far as I know that was the only way she could do that. Harper to now has to deal with them and get back some confidence.

I do not want to have to vote again as in these economic times can we as Canadians afford another election, or do canadians feel that money will be spent better else where.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what comes out on both sides. I don't think honesty from any of them has been top of the list and they have all slept with the enemy. I work in a political realm and it isn't pretty and things can change in seconds.

So my message to the polititans that are creating this havoc is "What comes around Goes around" and "Get your Head up Ass syndrom treated and start to work for the Canadian people"

And again the statement "Cant fix Stupid" holds true

I wish I had more time to dive into this one tonight, but I'm off to a Christmas party and just want to add one more point. If it sounds terse please blame this on time constraints not anger; I'm thoroughly enjoying this debate.

That being said, folks let's remember one thing. Just because we don't like, or fully grasp the working of a parliamentary system of democracy, does not mean that it working according to the rules is wrong or undemocratic. By all means, feel free to dislike and disagree with the actions of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, but let's not mince words or cloud the issue with the rhetoric being put forth by the Harper government; there is nothing being done right now that goes against the design and function of a parliamentary system. That includes the Governor General prorouging parliament.

So with that out of the way, can we discuss the issues and those involved without confusing the issue by making it seem like any party is attempting to create a bananna republic; or create a bloodless coup; or on the flip side attempting to hold onto power like a dictator?

- Matt

P.S. My Canada includes everyone from Atlantic to Pacific and Arctic to the Border.

but I'm off to a Christmas party

Ahem, with current political correctness shouldn't the term "Holiday Party" be used, would not want to offend anyone not of your faith (sarcasm)... OH so don't go there, it is so out of control bending down to every minority group ... that is not my Canada, I want a change to say Christmas Tree, without getting bashed.

or on the flip side attempting to hold onto power like a dictator?

Um don't see the analogy there, as this so called dictator was dully appointed by his party, they were voted in.

So without tableing a National Budget and a non confidence motion on a money issue, could it be that other parties were pissed over other issues FIRST ?

I believe this has "once again" supporting a seperatist group has polerized ALL of your Canada, just respect my opinion that Western Canada has had enough "dictatorship" from the east ... well most anyway, Freaking Nutz has her opinion too. With the numbers coming in from the pollsters its not looking good for the Liberals out here, nor elseware, as this where the deep pockets are in reality and very needed to not have the rest of Canada fall into huge ressesion.

Just think about NFL and their leadership, he's dictating to the masses vote anyone except the Conservatives based on what again ?

When it comes to understanding parlimentary procedure, most Canadians could give a rats arse concerning all the legalese, all they want is responsible government, we saw it before and with less support.

cheers

You westerners talk about the lack of representation in the coalition, well in the present administration there is no representive from Newfoundland and Harper appointed Mr McKay to represent Newfoundland's interests in cabinet, So the same could happen here. Stop wining . My final point is that over 60% of Canadians said NO to Harper.

You westerners talk about the lack of representation in the coalition, well in the present administration there is no representive from Newfoundland and Harper appointed Mr McKay to represent Newfoundland's interests in cabinet, So the same could happen here. Stop wining . My final point is that over 60% of Canadians said NO to Harper.

Westerners are tired of no representation and paying the bills, you want to be dictated too again from Quebec ... have them ... keep them as a present, make the NEW border Ontario and good luck with that.

Besides thats because your Conservative Priemer "told you not to vote consevative" a bunch of sheep ... elections speak for the people, back room fanagling is crap.

60 % of voters, voted for "OTHER" parties and not as a 'cohabitation" .. sheesh.

You do obviously do not understand our Parliamentary system. In our system is proper for the parities that hold the MAJORITY of the votes to get together and form the government, it happens all the time, and is why our system is the best there is. If you like the idea of when some one gets into office that they can stay there and there is no way to get them out, then go to the US. Look at what they had to put up with the past 4 years and no REAL way of getting rid of him. Harper brought this onto himself and he deserves what ever he gets. Harper not the Bloc is the biggest threat to National unity. Even with out the Qubec issue , he continues to drive a wedge between east and west. And as far as the West paying for everything, looking at the way the Oil business is going I would expect to see Alb. to be a Have Not Province soon enough, SWEAT!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.