But Thrown

firedoc5

The reason I hadn't been around for the last few days was due to a doc throwing my butt back into the hosp. for chest pain. I was in his office getting ready to have an upper buddy nerve conduction test. When asked if there were any certain areas that were bothering me at that time I told him I was having chest pain. A new doc for me, of course he hit the panic button. I explained to him several times that my chest pain is NOT cardiac. Ever since April they have determined that. He mentioned me to go to the hosp., preferably by ambulance. The only reason I finally agreed to go was because I had been feeling very lousy all day. And when they took my BP it was 88/60, Pulse upper 50's -60's. Couldn't find an immediate ride so they called 911, Both agencies that showed up, a private ambulance serv. and the FD showed up. I don't remember being so embarrassed. They attempted twice for an hep-lock, unsuccessful. I warned them I ha rotten veins. Again, never listen to the patient.

But got to the hospital. They immediately put me on a NTG drip, no NTG SL or anything. They did give me MS after about being there 30 minutes, which lasted all of10-15 min. NTG never helped. I kept telling them "It's NOT cardiac". Since April I had every kind of cardiac test they could without cracking my chest open. They did do an Upper GI which I told them I had a problem with Chronic Acid Reflex, but that hasn't bothered me for a long time. Eventually he did see some GURD so they put me on Prilosec. Again, no one listens. From the time they did the UGI it took about seven hours for them to get back to me. Now I've been in the hospitals a lot and have learned a LOT of patients and how to spend the passing lonely hours. But this time I was ready to hit the streets running, at least as fast as my crutches would allow me. Their conclusion. C/P non -cardiac. One of the biggest DuH's you can imagine. My next appointment, probably for the rescheduled for my original test, he's going to get an earful. You'd think that between my telling them that it's not cardiac and that any NTG does not give any relief, IT'S CARDIACPAIN. Like my dad said, "If there's pain, then there is something wrong. The doc's need to look outside the box. Which I had a doc like that in LA, but he left to Canada for a Firbromyalgia study.

Of course others have been trying to help out. My grandmother came across on the web where falls and stumbles Like I've been having shows advanced stages of severe fibromyalgia, of which I've already been diagnosed of.

So Iamb still doing my best at taking one day at a time.

Enough of my pity party. I was just explaining what I've been doing through since my later

I hope you start to get better. I am learning the other side of the hospital bed rail as well.I haven't felt good since mid sept.

I have had multiple sinus infections, then was admitted with pneumonia. I lost a week of work over that then went to the er this sunday and am off for another week for another infection.

Gotta love it ! GET WELL SOON BRO!

I hope you start to get better. I am learning the other side of the hospital bed rail as well.I haven't felt good since mid sept.

I have had multiple sinus infections, then was admitted with pneumonia. I lost a week of work over that then went to the er this sunday and am off for another week for another infection.

Gotta love it ! GET WELL SOON BRO!

One thing I have coming up for is a check up with an ENT that did my last sinus surgery. Guess an MRI showed my sinus structure it's self is a mess. So who know how that's going to go. I can't have another sinus surgery, especially if they have to reconstruct again. :sad2:

gee whilikers! that totally sucks. I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. People blessed with good health have no idea how lucky they are. I will be praying for you.

You don't know how much I appreciate it. :occasion5: