Are ya ready for the latest BS...

Kaisu

Kaisu I am in agreement here run forest run. Sounds like they have not gotten their act together, and you have worked too hard and struggled to much to loose your liscense over this BS. (It is acceptable to kick them in the balls as you turn in your notice :twisted: :twisted: j/k but I know you laughed at that one :wink: )

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went in and talked to the medical director today. He flat out told me that the problem was NOT with me.. I got caught in the crossfire. He told me that he had attempted to get my superiors to do the correct thing with me and was being ignored. He says he was stressed out and he lost it. My immediate supervisor says that no matter what happens, he will give me glowing letters of recommendation and commendation. This is a tough, insular little redneck town and I am not ready to let them run me out. I ran on patients today (am on a 24) and was complimented by patient's family. My partner says the jerks can't handle the fact that I am from somewhere else and am better educated then they are. My immediate supervisor says the only thing they got to crab about is my lack of field experience and I am rectifying that every day. Thank you so much for your support. I am hanging in there until they all eat their words..... then I will leave... :twisted:

PS.. while I was in the medical director's office my EMT partner was talking to the unit clerk. In barely concealed glee she stated that "I bet her cert is being pulled cause they weren't happy with her yesterday." When I confronted the UC about it she played dumb. such assholes....

PPS - my partner says these people are famous for running outsiders out of town and out of the job. She says it wasnt the smartest pick for the first place to work. Guess what - this gal wont be run out by anyone.. so thanks again for listening.

Very happy that you talked to the MD but if this is standard treatment ... honestly get out of there your work enviroment has been poisioned by snakes.

Many good services will appreciate your sincere vigour and intellegence ..... just as WE do here in EMT city !

Kaisu listen to us, akroeze, reaper, terri, eyedawn, sirduke and myself please take the advice.

They are NOT worth your efforts.

cheers and if you need a break PM me too !

LOTS of Greener Pastures it not simply not worth the fight

This is going to sound super-ridiculous but I feel a calling to this place. I am crazy enough and idealistic enough to believe I can make a difference here. At the risk of being maudlin, I think God wants me here and is protecting me. By the same token, never underestimate the capacity of the human heart for self deception. :?

I am very tired. Just came off a 24 - ran at 2:00am for a 4 1/2 month old with respiratory distress and at 4:00 am a 17 year old passed out in a car in front of some guy's house. This was after the 13 year old injured in a rollover ATV accident. I have a rule to never make life changing decisions without proper rest, nutrition and exercise. I am going to hang in for my 24 tomorrow and then use my 4 days off to refresh and renew.

I won't kid you - I am scared s**tless of that fatal mistake - the one that seriously harms someone. I am so green in the field but the one bright spot is my EMT partner. She has literally grown up with this service - her father is one of the shift supervisors and she has asked to be my permanent partner. While officially not done, unofficially she is scheduled every shift with me.

It's kinda ironic - I am a 50 year old baby paramedic and she is 23 and seen and done it all......

Thank you again for listening. You don't know how much I appreciate bouncing stuff off you. I am expectantly waiting for you all to chime in and let me know what you think of this reasoning - or lack thereof.... :?

PS.. I got shorted on my pay - 24 hours of overtime - (I did 160 hours in a two week period). Apparently this is a common occurrence here.

This quote really struck me:

This is a tough, insular little redneck town and I am not ready to let them run me out.

That's a positive attitude if ever I saw one. Thinking positively is good. Willing yourself to be strong in the face of adversity is good. You may not be ready to let them run you out of town...

...but are you ready and willing to standby as they ruin your reputation and standing as a paramedic to the point that you will not, under any circumstances, be hired by another EMS agency out there? Are you ready and willing to standby as they crush what little optimism and self esteem you have left? Are you ready and willing to stand by while they continue to make your professional life a living hell until they burn you out?

There are very few instances in EMS when it's all about us as the individual provider. This is one of those instances when it needs to be all about you. It's also one of those instances where you need to recognize that it's all about you and get out while you still have your senses and your future intact.

Like you said, never underestimate the power of self deception. There are several of us who think that you are being deceived if not by yourself than certainly by others. Do not stand for it.

I am hanging in there until they all eat their words..... then I will leave... :twisted:

Until they eat their words or until they eat you? It's better to leave on your own terms with everything intact than to leave after a seemingly misguided attempt at "I told you so".

At the risk of being maudlin, I think God wants me here and is protecting me.

Did you ever consider the potential that this is simply a test and God is trying to see just how smart you are? Did you ever consider the possibility that he's merely trying to determine your capacity to recognize a bad situation? Or that he's trying to teach you a lesson in the recognition of a bad situation? Or trying to teach you when and what battles to fight?

Or, and try not to laugh, that we might be, in a sense, "guardian angels" trying to guide you down the right road? (Seriously, if you knew who this was coming from you'd laugh.)

You obviously have a better handle on what's going on in your organization than do we. You see it every day. We are simply limited to what information you share with us. The picture you paint, however, is not pretty.

Picking your battles is good advice. While I understand the desire to show them that you will succeed, never forget that sometimes the best way to show them that is to succeed at something greater than what their little corner of the universe offers.

Good luck.

-be safe

I am unsure if SirDukle's comment about a Mickey-Mouse organization was directed towards me, but I will respond to that by saying that the incident described by me happened circa 1975-1977. The service has become a part, after several different ownerships, of the MetroScare ambulance organization.

I worked another 4 non-9-1-1 services before getting employed by municipal EMS, now a part of the FDNY.

It sounds like each and every one of the people you are working with has some kind of axe to grind or a hidden agenda. Even this EMT partner who has asked that you be a permanent partner - is this the one who was gleeful at your issues in the beginning? From the MD to the partner, I would be constantly looking over my shoulder, worried that that dagger was going to go under my ribs any second. I agree with the majority here - this place may be calling you, but the risks towards your career are huge. Find a place that appreciates your talents and dedication.

Don't know how that could have been directed towards you Richard B, was referring to the way this organization seems to be run.

Kiasu, consider this, perhaps the reason your partner asked to be assigned to you was to help ease the knife between your ribs by getting close.

Seriously, you need to get the hell out of there and get somewhere that will assist you in your progression, not assist you out the door.

Some times these cliques are so tight that you can never break through. I got caught up in the same type situation in the late 90's with the Florida Dept. of Corrections. The good ole boy clique resented my intrusion, and made it hell for me to work there.

In a nutshell, find another job, and break camp.

Some times these cliques are so tight that you can never break through. I got caught up in the same type situation in the late 90's with the Florida Dept. of Corrections. The good ole boy clique resented my intrusion, and made it hell for me to work there.

Well as you were an inmate they really should have kept you out of their cliques. I am sure there are rules about hanging out with the criminals. :twisted: