The Only Thing That Matters Is the patient in front of you

iamyourgod

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You still never answered my question. Is it a you call we haul regardless of assessment, or is it appropriate to selectively transport? Answer the question, please! It's a pretty simple one, and you've side-stepped it and never directly answered it multiple times. You're starting to remind me of someone else I know lol!

Also... why do you feel that it is necessary to transport so many who may need medical care, but not ambulance intervention? Do you feel that we're undereducated and thus unable to judge situations correctly? What's your motivation behind operating this way?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

thats the best you could come up with ????? you can do better than that ---

Lame is not addressing any of the above questions or scenarios noted above, which suggests you have no intelligent response and are unable to continue in this debate.

Humor me, and address "my best", as I may not be on your superior intelligence level, so occassionally you must stoop down and address the lowly commoners to help elevate us to a better understanding of this world.

Deny any of what I have written and show me where I am wrong. Please, educate me.

Have you ever explained or proven your superiority to a cockroach. I am EMSGOD, I need not explain myself to you. But you should be grateful, as I have set myself up for a huge fall, all you have to do is challenge me with logical responses to my diatribes, and i will either be proven to be or not to be your GOD ---LOL (and yes, this is tongue in cheek). So prove me to be a mortal, it shouldnt be hard.

I reject you as my EMS God, therefore you are not a god. Hence, using the self applied adjective of "god" is false advertising, which you should not do.

I responded to all of her scenarios -- in any call situation, you should base your decision based on the fact of can i defend not transporting this patient in a court of law. When other EMS or medical professionals are called to testify, will they agree or disagree with your decision ----

I responded to all of her scenarios -- in any call situation, you should base your decision based on the fact of can i defend not transporting this patient in a court of law. When other EMS or medical professionals are called to testify, will they agree or disagree with your decision ----

You have avoided my scenarios, my questions. Read up, specifically my post (the one you called me lame for) and address or dispute what I wrote. Until then...put up or shut up.

You yourself stated you would not transport a simple laceration. Based on what you have written in this thread and other threads (the ETOH pt), can you defend YOUR actions in the court when they say the pt suffered harm or death as a result of your inaction (transporting)?

Your arguments are becoming weaker as your inability to defend your statements with logic, fact or evidence is not present. Your trollness is revealing itself in full form as you pick and choose which posts to respond to and ignore others that you can not counter against.

Ok, for those with blinders on, let me clarify --- I would never talk anyone out of going to the hospital or seeking medical attention. I always offer to transport and end the conversation with the need to follow up immediately with a medical professional of their choosing, and i also tell them to call us back if they are unable to get there in a reasonable amount of time. Do I usually transport cut fingers that need two stitches, no -- but i would if they had no other transportation. Conversely, I never leave altered patients or drunks ---- I got burned early in my career when i didnt transport a seizure patient who i thought was just postictal (yes i used every tool available, and all vitals were normal except LOC) -- 30 minutes after we left, the girlfriend found the empty phenobarb bottles he had overdosed on. He didnt die, but i learned a valuable experience from that call, and have aired on the side of transport since then. My work in the ER has only validated that opionion, as i have watched people arrive in the ER, whom EMS told it would be ok to see the doctor in the morning, get admitted to ICU or die.

So you do what all of us do- encourage people to avail themselves of treatment. I don't think there's a single one of us who would discourage someone from seeking medical treatment. Discouraging someone from inappropriately using EMS and discouraging someone from seeking treatment are two different things.

And it's "err", not "air." And if EMS in your area is routinely telling people to follow up in the morning and they're dying after taking themselves to your ER, your EMS sucks. One would hope that prehospital providers are savvy enough to clue into a need for immediate care and are only turfing the very benign, very obvious no-need-for-transport cases.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.