Question regarding definition of standing orders?

My mom is a retired schoolteacher. I read the definitions in the first posting to her, and she says it is just semantics, different ways of saying the same thing, with the same ultimate conclusion.

I guess one way to put it is that standing orders are those that are set by protocols that you can do prior to contacting medical control. And are expected to have been done, usually before calling in.

"Offline" or non-communication treatments are also written protocols that you can go by. Like if we knew we were on the way to a full arrest we could contact medical control, request to use ACLS protocols, then we'll get back to you. Then they know what you are doing without being in constant contact.

Basically, know your response agency's and resource hospital's protocols inside and out. Know what is and isn't allowed. I guess you could say that you have your main protocols (standing orders) and have sub-protocols (ACLS, BTLS, etc.) that has already been approved by your resource hospital to be done without having to contact the hospital for everything you are doing.

I'm going to shut up now. I don't know if I'm helping or making this worse. I can't type exactly what I'm trying to say in my mind. I'm not as think as you confused I am.