I need House...

mshow00

Am I totally missing something here? What is "normal" for this pt? Her normal level of consciousness and function and ability to communicate? Maybe this is her normal state, other then the bloody sputum/emesis of course. BTW I would be having a high degree of suspicion towards aspiration for which albuterol would not be particularly helpful obviously. So according to incident hx 911 was called because the pt was 'unresponsive'. Lets get a bit of a description about what that actually means. i.e. has her LOC improved since the call was placed? because she isn't unresponsive now. So, how long did this episode last? was it witnessed? was there sz activity? etc. And what is this mysterious neuro disease?

I just read the OP again. Why does the pt live with mom? To me this indicates an inability to care for oneself.

Assuming the facial droop and dysphasia is new I am going to top my list of ddx with cerebral ruptured aneurysm, blood tinged sputum from the stomach ulcers brought up with the vomit. Either that or the pt had a sz and bit her tongue due to same ddx.

Perhaps it is financial. I live with my mom because the rent's cheap!

Likely story. :D