Pictures Are Up

chbare

Sweet! :thumbright:

South Africans rock! They can be a little hard to understand sometimes, but at least they know how to spell! :D

Do they make you all shave your heads, or was it just a bad hair week for everyone? :?

Funny you should say that. I always thought I would relate to the Australians; however, I nearly instantly befriended the South African bubbas. ( I have nothing bad to say about the Australians) They call me their imitation South African. Very neat people who work hard, play hard, and have an intelligence and sense of humor I seldom see in so many people from one country. (Include the USA in that category.) :lol:

In fact, I have learned all I will ever need to know in the South African language of Afrikaans. They constantly ask, "Yo Chriz whaz it all about?" All I have to say is. "it's all about the blare." Blare literally equates to leaves; however, it is slang for money. What a bunch of capitalistic money hungry sellouts! Gotta love em. :lol:

As far as the hair, I started out shaving for the sake of simplicity. Currently, I have gone local and have longer hair and a beard.

Take care,

chbare.

Those guys are your best friends if the shyte hits the fan. They are very proud, and won't take any shyte from anyone. I watched five of them with AK-47s face down a squad of Iraqi Army guys, who were threatening us with crew served weapons. No fear at all. I would honestly rather them have my back than the Marines.

From talking to a couple of SA Paramedics who worked Jo'burg they see some serious trauma. One guy I spoke to had been to 13 gunshot patients in one shift (several different calls). And talking to some SA civvies I have no reason to doubt him.