FD Launches In-House Paramedic Education Program

VentMedic

I realize that the above references did not come from you, but I would be willing to bet that they are what got Kramer fired up. As you said, I have tried to keep this discussion rational and on topic by presenting facts, but I must admit also that those comments are getting old.

So are the comments about the useless paramedic that just wants to play doctor and the disregard for recognition as a medical professional or higher medical education. I think if you bother to read the comments by Kramer that have been highlighted you will see how offensive they are even for "Fire Medics".

Kramer's continued use of the terms even after no else replying to him used them as well as some of his own, such as "retarded" in reference to FFs, was not called for since no one on this forum made any direct reference to FFs as such.

My remarks were directed totally at him and his unjustified attack on a profession to which was the basis for the article and should have had his support as a Lt. representing his company. He should not have been tearing down the professionals his department was attempting to train and add. Again it was the education concept that was being argued and not if Memphis FD was crap or great. If you look through the forums here we often used a news article to get the conversation started.

You seem to enjoy talking out of both sides of your mouth. Some of you enjoy twisting words and reading into posts. I do not despise paramedics, any paramedic program, or the ALS company concept. I said I think some of it is over rated and many of you come off like you are either a paramedic or nothing at all. Then I repeat terminology that some of you use towards firefighters or EMT's and accuse me of being insulting towards them?

The "professionals" in here are the ones that have stated that firefighters ride on big shiny trucks and play with their "toys". The professionals refer to firefighters as "firemonkeys". The "professionals" are proclaiming the reduction or elimination of fire service because most of your runs are EMS. With such a level of professionalism is it any wonder that people get jaded towards you? Its no wonder so few of you have the balls to let anyone know who you are or where you work.

You seem to enjoy talking out of both sides of your mouth. Some of you enjoy twisting words and reading into posts. I do not despise paramedics, any paramedic program, or the ALS company concept. I said I think some of it is over rated and many of you come off like you are either a paramedic or nothing at all. Then I repeat terminology that some of you use towards firefighters or EMT's and accuse me of being insulting towards them?

The "professionals" in here are the ones that have stated that firefighters ride on big shiny trucks and play with their "toys". The professionals refer to firefighters as "firemonkeys". The "professionals" are proclaiming the reduction or elimination of fire service because most of your runs are EMS. With such a level of professionalism is it any wonder that people get jaded towards you? Its no wonder so few of you have the balls to let anyone know who you are or where you work.

I think you believe I am talking out of both sides of my mouth because you don't have an argument or understand what I and others are talking about when we discuss medicine and economic issues.

Your posts already speak loud and clear about your opinions.

Not all of our opinions have anything to do with our departments or our titles nor do most of us have to hide behind a title thinking it will intimidate. Considering the initial article, some of the things you have posted would be considered an embarrassment to your fire department or any FD so I wouldn't be bragging about disclosing your identity. Remember this is a public forum viewed by others in EMS, FDs, the media and taxpaying citizens. Words written have a way of haunting an individual.

No one has said anything about eliminating fire departments. ENOUGH with your inflammatory misleading statements of generalizations.

However it is a reality, if you want to talk economics, that several in EMS have found themselves unemployed from a CAREER that they loved because of FIRE/EMS mergers. Often these EMT (P)s are not merged into the FDs but rather the FFs are forced to become Paramedics. If the EMS employees are merged they are also forced to become FFs. Any professional from either side will tell you the problems that this brings. We also have some forum members that can give you first hand information on that subject.

We could also talk taxation issues where a school might not get needed educational materials because of the unnecessary greed displayed by another public service. Stay informed and understand where your dollars are coming from. Don't just put up the bashing and inflammatory statements. The posts that you viewed as demeaning to FFs also contained a wealth of information that can easily be researched. Even the questions I posted about taxation and funding can usually be easily found on your governmental website or if you have ever voted in a local election I would hope you have read the ballot's issues. And, if anyone is a homeowner, I hope they know where their tax dollars are going.

Again, you are the one that continues to use the word Firemonkey. None of the forum members (except mfdffp) have used that term in their recent posts. The majority have NOT used it at all.

Your friends have all come to your defense but I would say you are not making them very true to their words.

You are delusional. The biggest generalizations through the entire thread is that all fire based EMS systems are bad and if you are a paramedic you know everything - especially evident with you. It really is okay to be wrong every now and then.

My original statement holds true......you really should consider some form of therapy. Breath deep and let it go.

You are delusional. The biggest generalizations through the entire thread is that all fire based EMS systems are bad and if you are a paramedic you know everything - especially evident with you. It really is okay to be wrong every now and then.

My original statement holds true......you really should consider some form of therapy. Breath deep and let it go.

Do you even bother to read the posts?

Is that all you got from 92 posts?

You have offered nothing credible in comments that concern any of the many issues discussed here.

When you don't understand the issues you just resort to personal insults. At least I threw examples of your comments back at you with an explanation of why they were incorrect or inflammatory. Your only rebuttals were more personal insults and inflammatory statements with continued use of terms insulting even the FF.

I was trying to get you explore what is being said from an economic and legislative viewpoint since it was useless to try it from the medical stance with you.

At least your co-workers were able to carry on a good discussion.

Your inferiority complex as an EMT doesn't do that level of the EMS professional justice either. That is evidenced by your never-ending statements against the Paramedic.

You can continue to show your arse here or log on to the many FF forums that will allow you to bash Paramedics and EMS.

Its no wonder so few of you have the balls to let anyone know who you are or where you work.

How the Hell would you know? You've been here for five days and never ventured out of this thread. You haven't the slightest idea what people do here when not arguing with you. Most of the regulars here make it quite clear who we are and where we work.

And why are so many firemonkeys obsessed with balls anyhow? Makes me worry about sleeping in a fire station.

How the Hell would you know? You've been here for five days and never ventured out of this thread. You haven't the slightest idea what people do here when not arguing with you. Most of the regulars here make it quite clear who we are and where we work..

I was speaking about this thread. You will not see me outside of this one. Unless of coarse someone starts another one bashing the Memphis Fire Department. You appear to be a regular. Your information is not readily available. I did state what I found out about you earlier and I thought, answered appropriately.

And why are so many firemonkeys obsessed with balls anyhow? Makes me worry about sleeping in a fire station.
Are you really sure? I tried it once. Now I KNOW I am not gay. Didn't like it a bit. :roll: