interested in medical field/0 training

Ev01

Just wanted to say hey I'm very interested in the EMT field and will be going through these forums meticulously. I want to jump into the medical field. I have done 0 training thus far. I want to begin as a volunteer firefighter, take emt training hopefully get state certified and perhaps start a job as an ERT tech. Any help or easier way to get started , comments, etc is appreciated an welcomed! I envy u all and appreciate what u all do.

You looking for the easiest way or the best way?

You wanna do it right, or just whatever gets you by?

You wanna be the best you can be, or just another unemployed whacker with a patch he can do nothing with?

Just wanted to say hey I'm very interested in the EMT field and will be going through these forums meticulously. I want to jump into the medical field. I have done 0 training thus far. I want to begin as a volunteer firefighter, take emt training hopefully get state certified and perhaps start a job as an ERT tech. Any help or easier way to get started , comments, etc is appreciated an welcomed! I envy u all and appreciate what u all do.

Hey Ev01, This is the EASIEST way to become a prehospital healthcare provider.

1- Stay out of fire

2- Start taking a 6 credit A&P, as you take your EMT-B

3- Take any other classes you can while you work as an EMT-B for the manditory hours till you can get into Paramedic school. These classes should include Math, Medical terminology, Pshycology, and whatever else you can that relates to the profession.

4- Take a few days to yourself to forget everything you learned "On the street"

5- Start the longest Paramedic class you can find

6- Never believe anything anyone tells you that differs from what you learned in school unless there is science to prove your education to be wrong.

That's it buddy, simple 6 steps to becoming a competent EMS provider.

Hey Ev01, This is the EASIEST way to become a prehospital healthcare provider.

1- Stay out of fire

2- Start taking a 6 credit A&P, as you take your EMT-B

3- Take any other classes you can while you work as an EMT-B for the manditory hours till you can get into Paramedic school. These classes should include Math, Medical terminology, Pshycology, and whatever else you can that relates to the profession.

4- Take a few days to yourself to forget everything you learned "On the street"

5- Start the longest Paramedic class you can find

6- Never believe anything anyone tells you that differs from what you learned in school unless there is science to prove your education to be wrong.

That's it buddy, simple 6 steps to becoming a competent EMS provider.

You forgot one important aspect...don't make a "Bat Belt!"

There is no "easier" way. If you want to become an EMT, but want to do it an easy way, then don't do it at all. You can go over and over what is posted here and you might pick up some of the lingo. But unless you are at least in an actual EMT class or already an EMT, you won't learn squat.

I'm by no means trying to turn you off to becoming an EMT, I just want you to learn to do it the right way.

So far, the way you have described things, around here you would be labled a "whaker". You don't want to be a whacker.