Good NREMT Paramedic study guide?

Paramedic was the first time I took a computer based test, just a month ago. All my others were the old pencil and paper. I walked out of there convinced I would be back in two weeks. 24 hours later, I was jumping out of my seat, and bouncing off the walls, my email told me I passed. In talking to a classmate of mine who took the test a few days earlier, we had completely different tests. His didn't even have one rhythm strip on it. Mine had 3, one on identity, one on treatment, and one the dang thing was just there for show, had nothing to do with the scenario provided. I only had a few drug questions, but seemed like a good amount of airway/respiratory questions.

I have been told that the more questions in certain areas means the answers you are giving are not working in your favor, and the test is trying to get you pass, rather rudimentary terms, but that is how it was explained. I thought I had really studied the airway/respiratory stuff down pat, and when I went back to look at some questions I had, I discovered I was correct, so who knows.

The one thing I did not like about the test was the inability to go back and change an answer. Answering a question and hitting the "next" icon is like firing a weapon. Be sure of your target, cause once you fire, you have lost all control over that bullet, in this case, your answer.

The one thing I did like, the very quick turn around on results. As for the practicals, I did not think they were bad at all. When we tested, they had 5 medic candidates, and as we returned to the little gathering room, you literally had one or two minutes down time before they sent you back to another station. Thinking back on that, it was pretty nice. Did not give you any time between stations to beat yourself up on anything you think you may have messed up on in the previous station, so you did not put yourself in a slump. All three of us from my class that tested together passed both the written and practical on our first go around, so we were pretty pumped up. Our next mission was to celebrate in style, by ending up at a bar that had a breathalyzer in it so we could conduct well planned experiments on how our bodies absorbed alcohol in a given amount of time, we chalked this up as extra credit for already graded labs done in class. Though our instructors were pretty good natured, they denied our application for tardy submission of breath tests for extra credit.

The skills sheet is something to remember big time for the practicals however, and don't study the day before the tests.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.