Can a person with a felony work for the fire rescue?

medic1978

Depends, depends, depends. I know a lot of places that will not even entertain the idea of a person with any criminal convictions. On the other hand, I have a close friend in the Baltimore City Fire Dept with a felony conviction he got before he even thought about being firefighter. They looked at how old he was, what the conviction was, and how he was "punished." They took all that into consideration along with his stellar work history since he got into trouble. I guess they figured he had paid his dues. He is the only person I've ever met that is not a repeat offender. He learned from his mistake the first time.

Good luck in your quest.

However.. If it didn't stop you from being certified as a Paramedic, medic1978, you may not have that much of a problem getting a job as one.

Something leads me to believe that he is not yet an EMT...

Hi my name is Alex, i got a felony about 9 years ago and i'm not a repeat offender. My biggest worry is that im going to go to school to get my EMT for nothing.

The state wont tell me at the moment, if im even qualified to take the state exam. please if any one can guide me in this i would appreciate it .

Honestly, I don't know how the decisions are made at the state level as to who they certify. All I can say is I know they can't be all THAT picky, lol. But as others have said, it really depends on the type of felony.

Another question, what's the job market like where you want to work? I know you can be certified in Ontario with some minor criminal charges (the language is vague and refers to moral terptitude, or the like) BUT, the market is tight here and if a service has a reason not to hire you, they will. It's always easier to weed out unacceptable candidates than it is to pick the best from a large pool.

The deck is stacked against you. If there's a service you want to work, assume alot of others will too. You will likely be at the bottom of the heap after them. Expect to have to start at the bottom doing the s*** jobs and building a good reputation as a provider and gaining experience, then you'll have a better chance of drowning this out. Get a pardon if you can.

Keep trying dont give up !

Yes, by all means, spend your entire life savings on schools that will never get you a job, so you end up broke and homeless. That's an excellent plan. Never give up on that! Quitters never win!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.