Sept. 11

defib_wizard

I'm not sure if this is the right forum catagory to place this, so I apologize if its in the wrong section.

To all of my fellow prehospital providers: Thank you for doing your job 24 hours a day everyday. The friends,loved ones and fellow ems workers who died on this day will not be forgotten.I do mourn their passing for by the grace of god go I.

So please take a moment and try to remind yourself; yes I'm here for my patient but I will do everything to go home when my shift is over.

Be safe and vaya con dios my friends! ( Thats go with god, If you don't habbla espanol )

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only 13 when 9/11 occurred, and i couldnt quite grasp the magnitude of the situation then or even years past. I guess its taken 7 long years for me to actually sit down, watch the raw footage and take it all in. Doing it now and a EMT-B has made me feel as though it has just hit me. realizing that i could only imagine the chaos and terror that wracked the NYC. I have an even greater appreciation for both those who served and sacrificed during the events of 9/11 and also all of my fellow peers with whom i work with.

thank you all for being that special breed of person.

-Spencer

It can never be forgotten. Like with Pearl Harbor, it's a date that will live in infamy.

When you hear of the 343 members of the FDNY who perished in the Trade Center, it breaks down to 340 fire fighters and supervisory personnel, a department chaplain, and 2 Paramedics.

There were also 18 EMTs and Paramedics who also died, either as responders, or, as their EMS involvement was in the volunteer sector, while at their "Day Jobs".

I was an EMS Academy classmate of Carlos Lillo, who was one of the 2 FDNY Paramedics, and a casual acquaintance of EMT Mark Schwartz, a night manager and riding EMT, of the Hunter Ambulance/Ambulette Service (Inwood, Nassau County, NY). I also had met Father Mike Judge, the FDNY Chaplain, only one time, 3 or 4 months prior to the attack.

(This is not including the FDNY EMTs, Paramedics, and Fire Fighters who have since died from the "WTC Cough", the generic name for all of the lung diseases believed to be from the inhalation of assorted particles from the infamous dust cloud of the World Trade Center collapse.)

I also lost a few personal friends and acquaintances from outside the Emergency Responder sector. My combined communities of the Rockaway Peninsula lost about 90 souls.

I feel that any time a Brother (or Sister) from the EMS, the LEOs, or the Fire Fighters falls "In The Line Of Duty", everyone from their sister agencies around the world feels the pain, despite political differences between the countries they may come from. They all know what it is like, as they can encounter the same risks at their own agencies.

Has anyone come up with an absolute number of emergency workers that died on that day? I know we here of the 343 Firefighters, but what's the total number of the others?

On my old Fire Dept. on all their new trucks, the maltese cross has 343 incorporated into the design to always pay tribute to those fallen brothers/sisters. It looks pretty sharp.

I've always said that in 1941 it was said that Japan woke a sleeping giant. On 9-11-2001, they p!ssed the giant off.

On 9-11-2001, they p!ssed the giant off.

Most Americans were sound asleep again within a year. They still are.

Those lives were wasted. We learned nothing from them. The Democrats spit on their graves.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.