Diesel Tenders?

I understand that there are water supply tankers running with various fire departments, running with, I believe, up to 5,000 gallons of water, under L&S.

Pray for no oil slicks on the curving downhill!

I opine that, while there are fuel delivery tankers out there, I don't see any reason they cannot be fitted out with a nozzle capable of a field delivery directly into the fuel tanks of ambulances, or engine and ladder companies. Another possibility is a hand crank operated pump from 55 gallon drums in the back of a pickup truck (seen that!)

That seems close to what our company has. It's a blastic drum on a metal frame with wheels that can be attached to a hitch. It's powered by electricity (which we would get from our generator) and can suction and pour out diesel content. It was made by a private individual (rather than a company/manufacturer), so no instructions came with it. We're trying to research proper maintenance of diesel, etc...

When I worked for a fire district, we had a 3400 gallon water tender. It was a converted over the road truck that came standard with dual 70 gallon fuel tanks. One was used for diesel and the other was converted to carry gasoline. (the diesel side was tapped so the tank would not leave the vehicle with less than 1/4 tank) We had installed electric fuel pumps with a detachable fill hose. It was actually highly effective. This tender would spend up to 24 hours out on wildland fires and could top off your fuel tank as you refilled with water.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.