Nassau County Paid Paramedic

cjs681

Does anyone know which Fire Departments on Long Island have Paid Paramedics?

I know about NCPD, Hunter, First Response, etc. I am looking to work for a volunteer fire department as the paid paramedic. If anyone knows which departments have this, please let me know.

Thanks.

There are a large number (probably most) that have paid personel. Where do you live and how far are you willing to travel? In Nassau you also have NSUH and in Suffolk you have SBU for hospital based services.

I don't know much about Nassau County, so I don't think I'll be much help. I know Bellmore-Merrick has paid people, but I have heard that most departments have them. You could also look at NCPD EAB.

Ruff, if you had any idea of the system on Long Island, you would understand and probably run screaming. I'll PM you a link to get an idea.

Far as I know, despite my constant references to the Inwood and Lawrence/Cedahurst Volunteer Fire and Ambulance Departments, nobody has "combined" volly/paid departments.

Anyone from Nassau County knows differently, I will then be in correct knowledge when they post.

Perhaps you should contact the 9-1-1 center at Nassau University Medical Center, the officers there might be able to help you better than I could.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.